Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   High beam lights in auto mode? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/high-beam-lights-in-auto-mode-71893.html)

Whiskeydog 02-19-2014 10:56 AM

High beam lights in auto mode?

I just traded a 2014 JCG Overland for a 2014 Summit Hemi V8. I always set the light knob to the "automatic" setting. On the Overland, the automatic high beams came on when I pushed the stalk forward. On the Summit, they don't. Am I missing a setting somewhere else that I need to change in order to get the high beams to come on when I push tthe stalk forward? Thanks for any input.

Shannon 02-19-2014 11:20 AM

Re: High beam lights in auto mode?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeydog (Post 978552)
I just traded a 2014 JCG Overland for a 2014 Summit Hemi V8. I always set the light knob to the "automatic" setting. On the Overland, the automatic high beams came on when I pushed the stalk forward. On the Summit, they don't. Am I missing a setting somewhere else that I need to change in order to get the high beams to come on when I push tthe stalk forward? Thanks for any input.

On the Uconnect screen, under apps, then settings, there should be a setting to turn on and off the auto high beams.

Whiskeydog 02-19-2014 11:23 AM

Thanks; will give that a try

5.7summit 02-19-2014 12:24 PM

Congrats on the upgrade! Summit & V8 is my favorite combo (besides my SRT)

When you push the stalk forward you should get a message in the middle of your instrument cluster that says "Auto high beams enabled" or something close. Do you get that message?

Also don't forget they wont come on unless you are going 25 mph or faster.

jp6544 02-19-2014 12:34 PM

If you don't like the auto high, you can put your lights knob on the dash to lights on instead of auto. This will leave your lights on until you turn the knob to off or auto.

bill_de 02-19-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp6544 (Post 978602)
If you don't like the auto high, you can put your lights knob on the dash to lights on instead of auto. This will leave your lights on until you turn the knob to off or auto.

Or you can just turn the auto high off in the evic and still have auto headlights. ;)

---

jp6544 02-19-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 978604)

Or you can just turn the auto high off in the evic and still have auto headlights. ;)

---

Thanks!

Whiskeydog 02-19-2014 01:44 PM

Thanks for all the replies, but I'm still confused. I just checked the settings unders apps and the box for auto-dim high beams is checked. However, when the knob for the lights is swtiched over to the far left (auto mode) and I push the stalk back, the high beams still do not come on, at any speed. I do get the indication on the dashboard that says the high beams are enabled, but the blue light doesn't come on and the high beams do not come on. If I move the knob for the lights over to the far right (manual mode), then the high beams come on when I push the stalk back and the blue light does come on as well as the notification on the dash.
This worked in auto mode as well on my Overland. Can't figure out why it doesn't work on the Summit.
Any other explanations?

Rexlion 02-21-2014 05:54 PM

Maybe I'm way off, but shouldn't you un-check the 'auto-dim high beams' box?

bill_de 02-21-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeydog (Post 978623)
Thanks for all the replies, but I'm still confused. I just checked the settings unders apps and the box for auto-dim high beams is checked. However, when the knob for the lights is swtiched over to the far left (auto mode) and I push the stalk back, the high beams still do not come on, at any speed. I do get the indication on the dashboard that says the high beams are enabled, but the blue light doesn't come on and the high beams do not come on. If I move the knob for the lights over to the far right (manual mode), then the high beams come on when I push the stalk back and the blue light does come on as well as the notification on the dash.
This worked in auto mode as well on my Overland. Can't figure out why it doesn't work on the Summit.
Any other explanations?

If the blue light is lit, the high beams should be on. If not, schedule an appointment.

---

ENFORCER 02-22-2014 06:22 PM

If you have the Auto high beams ticked on, then you cannot use the stalk to manually use high beams, only pull back for flashing them (or this is what happens in my '11).
I personally did not like the inability to manually turn them on, so I turned off the auto high beam option.

EdwinDiaz 02-22-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeydog (Post 978623)
Thanks for all the replies, but I'm still confused. I just checked the settings unders apps and the box for auto-dim high beams is checked. However, when the knob for the lights is swtiched over to the far left (auto mode) and I push the stalk back, the high beams still do not come on, at any speed. I do get the indication on the dashboard that says the high beams are enabled, but the blue light doesn't come on and the high beams do not come on. If I move the knob for the lights over to the far right (manual mode), then the high beams come on when I push the stalk back and the blue light does come on as well as the notification on the dash. This worked in auto mode as well on my Overland. Can't figure out why it doesn't work on the Summit. Any other explanations?

Maybe I'm way off, but are you trying to enable the auto high beams in an area where the sensor might be picking up light from another source? I'm only asking because my summit sometimes doesn't turn on when I'm in a parking lot. I'm assuming it's sensing light from the light stanchions. Try a very dark area.