Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Dealer Woes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/dealer-woes-71946.html)

Jo123 02-20-2014 04:55 PM

Dealer Woes

Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take to get a VON?

bill_de 02-20-2014 05:26 PM

Re: Dealer Woes

As soon as the order is placed in the computer. When I ordered mine I walked out with my VON.

As it turned out, my salesman was the one who entered all the orders for the dealership.

---

ldsoles1066 02-20-2014 06:12 PM

My salesman could not actually order my Trailhawk so the inventory manager ordered the next day and he had the VON as soon as he ordered it but it took a couple of days to get with him so that I could get it.

Jo123 02-20-2014 06:12 PM

Thank you for your reply. I had a feeling that the VON could be obtained pretty early. I have had problems with my dealer. My husband and I put $500 down on a TH in January that was in transit. We came back three days later and they said it had been sold. We then put $5,000 down and signed all the paperwork for another TH that was in transit. We came back two weeks later and that one had been sold also. At that point we decided to have one built for us, so we placed our order (they said that we didn't need to do any new paperwork until it came in, supposedly 6 - 8 weeks). That was on Feb 10th. I called a week later, on Feb. 17th and asked my salesman for a VON. He said he would call me back with it. When I didn't hear back from him, I went in to the dealership on Feb 18th to get a copy of my order. There was no Estimated Ship Date, no VON, and the Status is BA - Pending Order. They then told me it could take up to two weeks for a VON. I've called there everyday trying to talk to my salesman and he still hasn't called me back. Finally, last night after I called again, they gave me a VON. But when I try to track it, it says the name and/or the VON are incorrect. I am very suspicious that they didn't order my TH until I went in there on the 18th and they don't want to admit to it.

Sorry for the rant. I'm so frustrated!!

ldsoles1066 02-20-2014 06:27 PM

I wonder if they ordered in your name or the dealership name?
I would be frustrated as well.

bill_de 02-20-2014 06:57 PM

If the dealer still has your $5,000, get it back asap. There is no reason for them to hold more than $500 on a sold order. It's obvious that if you decided not to take it they would have no trouble selling it.

At least from the little we know, it sounds like the dealer is taking advantage of you. If there is another dealer around you may want to cancel the order and take your business elsewhere.

---

ldsoles1066 02-20-2014 07:03 PM

I agree with bill_de. May be time for another dealer.

Jo123 02-20-2014 10:30 PM

You're right - I shouldn't leave that much money with them, especially if they are delaying the build. Thanks!

coxwar01 02-22-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo123 (Post 979240)
Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take to get a VON?

Usually within a few days of your dealer putting in the order.

Jethro1984 02-23-2014 12:36 PM

I had a VON when I walked out the day I ordered. However, you must be in D status I believe, which is order confirmed before it will show up in VOTS. In my case, that was three days after I ordered. I received an email from "ordertracking" and it said order confirmed and told me how to use VOTS. Until that point, I had gotten the same error you were getting.

Jo123 02-23-2014 04:30 PM

That is very helpful, thanks. It will be two weeks tomorrow since I've ordered, and I'm still getting the error message. :(

SassyBlonde 02-24-2014 10:39 AM

Jo123...
I didn't have the issues you did but my dealer listed my car as "In transit" on their site when it was shown as shipped. I called around on a few others in the area and they do the same thing. It sounds like this dealer is doing the same but not being truthful in the fact that they are cars that are already spoken for (i.e ordered by someone else).

I wonder if they aren't doing this to show corporate that they are moving vehicles from their lot instead of being based on customer orders. The fact that they took $5k from you for a down payment is a bit sketchy. I would call Jeep directly and ask.

Good luck!