Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   MOPAR CAI .. Any good ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/mopar-cai-any-good-72001.html)

DarkHue 02-22-2014 05:52 AM

MOPAR CAI .. Any good ?

The official service center sells and assembles MOPAR CAI only, while any other CAI system I purchase must be installed at different garages with caution to avoid warranty issues.

It's obvious they have a deal with MOPAR to market their products, but I wonder if they're any good ?

Do you guys advise me to go ahead with a MOPAR CAI ? Why or why not ?

gnasty1521 02-22-2014 06:39 AM

Re: MOPAR CAI .. Any good ?

Never heard of a MOPAR CAI for the 2012+ SRT. Pics? PN#?

mrmaker 02-22-2014 07:11 AM

+1...

DarkHue 02-22-2014 07:29 AM

So I just called them up and a representative told me that I have to wait about 2 months for a MOPAR CAI. Which is weird because they advertised this item when I was purchasing the car...

Well .. Is MOPAR any good anyway ?

hankwedge 02-22-2014 07:55 AM

I have a Hennessey if interested pm me

Scottina06 02-22-2014 12:39 PM

no one has a mopar intake or has seen it.

Chicago_Style 02-22-2014 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have it on my 3.6L and I am very happy with the look and sound.. Also better response.. Not sure about the SRT tho

Attachment 36129

Colby 02-22-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago_Style (Post 980320)
I have it on my 3.6L and I am very happy with the look and sound.. Also better response.. Not sure about the SRT tho

do you feel a performance difference with the Mopar CAI

Chicago_Style 02-22-2014 02:23 PM

I feel like there is a better throttle performance/response for sure.. Hard to say with out going to the DYNO.. I have an exhaust coming soon so that is the only performance mod I have done

GenevaSRT8 02-22-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnasty1521 (Post 980207)
Never heard of a MOPAR CAI for the 2012+ SRT. Pics? PN#?

Same here. If I remember well, Ralph Gilles himself answered at some point that it was useless to wait for one as the SRT engineers put all their knowledge and skill into designing the stock setup...

Red Suns 02-22-2014 03:31 PM

From what I have come across, a number of Challenger SRT guys have noticed a 0.2 sec decrease in their 1/4 mile times due to the high flow filter and the ability of the intake box to pull in cooler air.

The Mopar filter is also a dry filter which some people feel are superior to an oiled performance filter (e.g. K&N). Which is why a lot of filter manufacturers now offer both a dry and oiled models nowadays. There are some reviews that the oiled filters do not capture the particulates in the air as well as the dry filters and can also leave oily residue on the intake if they are re-oiled with too much oil after cleaning.

I have done a fair amount of research on the Mopar CAI and as others have mentioned, we have not been privy to one that is specified for a WK2 SRT. The closest Mopar CAI I could fathom that would work is for the Challenger and Charger 6.4L SRTs part # 77070043, but the mounting tabs do not match-up. I have been entertaining the thought of trying to see if a local dealer would let me test mount one for rough fittament and I would take it from there in terms of fabbing up a bracket or two that would work.

Let us know what you find out in terms of a part number and if it would even fit.

DarkHue 02-22-2014 11:12 PM

Thank you for your responses everyone.

@ChicagoStyle : CAI looks good, do you know how many HPs does it add ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenevaSRT8 (Post 980349)
Same here. If I remember well, Ralph Gilles himself answered at some point that it was useless to wait for one as the SRT engineers put all their knowledge and skill into designing the stock setup...

As in the stock is better than a mopar CAI ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Suns (Post 980359)
I have done a fair amount of research on the Mopar CAI and as others have mentioned, we have not been privy to one that is specified for a WK2 SRT. .

Thank you. I can only know in a few months since the service department will have the MOPAR CAI in stock (presuming what the guy said was correct).