Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   That sound under consl when breaking or turning right (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/that-sound-under-consl-when-breaking-or-turning-right-72026.html)

mc2112 02-22-2014 07:37 PM

That sound under consl when breaking or turning right

I tried googling it and just when I thought I would find the answer, nothing.

Its during breaking or turning right that I get that low vibration whiring sound.

Other people have had same issue so I know its not uncommom Just have not found an answer.

Any ideas?

Mike

mc2112 02-22-2014 08:10 PM

Re: That sound under consl when breaking or turning right

First attempt.. ziptie shifter cable out of the way. just found from google.

mc2112 02-22-2014 08:22 PM

front driveshaft has gone bad...the end

Frango100 02-22-2014 08:43 PM

Welcome to the garage.
We must have more guys like you on this forum, who ask questions and solve it themselves. Saves us some time:lol::lol::lol:.
Did the CV boot crack and the joint go bad?

mc2112 02-23-2014 06:24 PM

Frank.

I got a good deal on the 00 GC Laredo @$800. Very nice condition, It had a blown HG however just exhaust into coolant.
Got it home, Was not happy to find the bad head issue during that year from the scores of google searches.
Pulled it all apart, The Water pump impeller had sheared off which was why it blew but the replacemnt was not correct so more detective work.

Found out the Motor is from an 04 with redesign head. Of course the removal of the intake using a dislocated elbow, two extension with a wobble socket with more yoga then my 48 yr old body can handle anymore, which i fixed during reinstall using studs down under.

Having restored a few C1 and C3 Vettes and being in the Turbo Buick community for the past 20 yrs I know a good deal and can do the work myself but man that Intake was a complete pita.

Anyway got it all back together, burped, fixed the famous broken ground wire in the door

Turned the rotors, replaced pass side caliper (2 piston)

Test drive:

Whats that sound of death when I brake? its comming from under middle console..google and google, came across an old post here from a kid with a bazzion tranny issues as well as that howling sound of death like I had.

I got under it and the speedo cable was about 2 inches from drive shaft but then not only when I brake but also when I turned RIGHT did I hear it.....ok its not the drive train.

Well in park the cable is at rest and far away however in drive its under load and rubbing the driveshaft.:rolleyes:

Its no biggie until ya think about a hollow tube with sound resonating thru it:lol:
We are talking church organ tube style sound,, as the jeep slowed down all you would hear is this howling zombie grown going whoa whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaa

ZIPTIE= Fixed which is better then the latter assessment I made late last night.

The next time someone says howling moan near middle console during breaking.... Speedo cable rubbing on DS..lol

On to the rear wiper, shocks and diff/tc fluid change.

Mike

Frango100 02-23-2014 09:30 PM

Speedo cable?? There is no speedo cable. The speedo is electronic and gets its signals from the ABS wheel speed sensors.
You have the 4.0 with 42Re transmission on it? Could it be the throttle valve cable which was rubbing?
You still have a bad drive shaft as well?

mc2112 02-24-2014 06:43 AM

Throttle valve cable sounds good.

First Jeep Ive owned, well for my daughter once I get bugs worked out.
Drive shaft is fine once the second inspection was done.