Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Waiting for parts...? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/waiting-for-parts-72029.html)

Jo123 02-22-2014 11:41 PM

Waiting for parts...?

I was told yesterday by my dealer that no Cherokees are currently being built because they are waiting for parts from an outside source. Has anyone else heard that?

macfan 02-23-2014 12:06 AM

Re: Waiting for parts...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo123 (Post 980537)
I was told yesterday by my dealer that no Cherokees are currently being built because they are waiting for parts from an outside source. Has anyone else heard that?

LOL, what color is that smoke he is blowing? Do you honestly believe that Toledo North is sitting idle? I would be looking for another dealer if I were you.

kennzz05 02-23-2014 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo123 (Post 980537)

tell him to show you that letter from corporate,or better yet call corporate and advise them one of their dealers is blowing off customers, so they can move inventory on the lot

NHPATRIOT 02-23-2014 07:51 AM

Eco Green builds have been stopped due to paint issues until they fix it. At one point there was a delay for vehicles that were getting the tow package I read because they were out of hitches. Total stoppage though sounds like a line to get you to buy off the lot as another poster mentioned.

Jethro1984 02-23-2014 12:38 PM

That could explain why mine seems delayed. Damn tow package...and I don't even have anything to tow right now. Just thought maybe over the life of the vehicle I might have a trailer or bike rack or something.

grandriver125 02-23-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethro1984 (Post 980764)
That could explain why mine seems delayed. Damn tow package...and I don't even have anything to tow right now. Just thought maybe over the life of the vehicle I might have a trailer or bike rack or something.

That was a good decision since I think the tow package is well worth it.

Jack1947 02-23-2014 02:57 PM

Are those with a tow package still on hold?

GunnySpook 02-23-2014 03:41 PM

I'm a bit confused by this.

There is no separate order-able 'tow package' for Overland and Summit. Thus, I am presuming they are "built-in" to the basic model. This according to the build and price section of jeep.com.

If they were "out" of hitches, then they also could not produce any Overlands or Summits.

Does that make sense to you?

grandriver125 02-23-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnySpook (Post 980820)
I'm a bit confused by this.

There is no separate order-able 'tow package' for Overland and Summit. Thus, I am presuming they are "built-in" to the basic model. This according to the build and price section of jeep.com.

If they were "out" of hitches, then they also could not produce any Overlands or Summits.

Does that make sense to you?

You aren't even a bit confused. You are actually lost. This is the Cherokee 2014 forum not the GC forum. :)

GunnySpook 02-23-2014 04:09 PM

hahahaha -- Oh well, not too unusual for me lately! :) Sorry for adding noise to the discussion. I'll go back to my hole now.....

Jo123 02-23-2014 04:33 PM

Thanks for the replies. I did get the tow package. I wouldn't have thought that would hold up the entire car from even starting...but I don't know what's involved in the process.

bill_de 02-23-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo123 (Post 980845)
Thanks for the replies. I did get the tow package. I wouldn't have thought that would hold up the entire car from even starting...but I don't know what's involved in the process.

The Jeep is assembled in about a day. It wouldn't make sense to build a bunch of vehicles if you know you are just going to set them aside and get back to them.

---