Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Eco Green cancelled? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/eco-green-cancelled-72056.html)

Fumbler 02-23-2014 07:09 PM

Eco Green cancelled?

Has anybody heard this? A post on another forum states that info from a 'line supervisor in the Toledo plant' indicates cancellation. I've checked AutoTrader and while there aren't many out there, a couple have 243xxx VINs which indicate early - mid March builds. Nice color - hope this isn't true!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...-eco-green.jpg

Blinker Fluid 02-24-2014 02:40 PM

Re: Eco Green cancelled?

Ordering reopens next month (3rd week or so). Material restrictions caused a order block to go into effect.

Auburn Pearl is the only color I know of that's been postponed.

Milous 02-24-2014 07:57 PM

Eco Green is scheduled to go into production on March 31st.

Halffull 02-25-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 981652)
Eco Green is scheduled to go into production on March 31st.

If the colour isn't scheduled for production until March 31, I am curious why is it that on or about February 21, my Eco Green Limited (VON 30448761) moved from C status to D1 status with Estimated Ship Date or 2014-03-10 12:59 AM?

Is Chrysler/Jeep toying with my emotions? :confused:

~hf

Milous 03-04-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halffull (Post 982025)
If the colour isn't scheduled for production until March 31, I am curious why is it that on or about February 21, my Eco Green Limited (VON 30448761) moved from C status to D1 status with Estimated Ship Date or 2014-03-10 12:59 AM?

Is Chrysler/Jeep toying with my emotions? :confused:

~hf

Not sure, just heard today that Eco is now delayed until April...

MartinC 03-04-2014 01:16 PM

I heard that the paint supplier has run out of liquified frogs because of inclement weather.

lstowell 03-04-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinC (Post 986212)
I heard that the paint supplier has run out of liquified frogs because of inclement weather.

Shh, you'll bring PETA/PITA down on all of us!!!

Besides, the color is just a re-issue of Soylent Green.

Halffull 03-06-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 986241)

Besides, the color is just a re-issue of Soylent Green.

If there was a "Like" button, I'd use it now. You and MartinC brought a much needed smile to my face. Thx. :)

johnk107 03-06-2014 08:07 PM

Stupidest thing i ever heard an auto company that can't paint the cars . Just what have they been doing for the past 6 months. Like they didn't know what color paint they needed . Thats like saying we can't deliver because we didn't order enough tires for our production . Thanks Fiat go back to Italy with ur junk and your worthless corp bosses with you. Sell chrysler back to the employes.

macfan 03-06-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnk107 (Post 987477)
Stupidest thing i ever heard an auto company that can't paint the cars . Just what have they been doing for the past 6 months. Like they didn't know what color paint they needed . Thats like saying we can't deliver because we didn't order enough tires for our production . Thanks Fiat go back to Italy with ur junk and your worthless corp bosses with you. Sell chrysler back to the employes.

I don't think you understand how the game works. Chrysler has not made their own paint for many years since they sold off Chrysler Chemical/Cycleweld in Trenton, Michigan during one of their many financial crises. Chrysler is entirely at the mercy of 3rd party chemical/paint suppliers now. Chrysler could have very well ordered the paint color many months ago but if the 3rd party supplier is not delivering there is not a whole lot they can do about it.

And yes Chrysler has a tire problem too. If you check out the 2014 Cherokee you will find that the tires on the vehicle and the spare do not match. This is because Firestone was not willing to take a chance on the shape Chrysler was in and the new/unproven Cherokee when the specs were given out and ramp up production. You have to understand that the third party suppliers are not going to hitch their wagons to companies that have a history of financial problems.

Milous 03-07-2014 06:08 AM

Order banks for Eco Green open up today :).

Halffull 03-09-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 987655)
Order banks for Eco Green open up today :).

Please excuse this newbie, Milous, but I don't comprehend your terminology "order banks". Are you saying that Eco Green lives and production is imminent? Or only that new orders are again being accepted for the colour?

Either way, I accept this as good news for those of us waiting for Eco Green. I wonder how many of us there are who have actually ordered and remained loyal to this colour.

~hf