Spare Tire well...moving to bigger tire
Ok guys, so it seems liek I'm close to pullign the trigger on new tires for my '11 JCO. I am making the move from 265/50/20 to 275/55/20.
Based on Tire Rack, I have narrowed my choices down to 2:
- Firestone Destination LE 2
- Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology
Both have Section width of 11.2" and a diameter of 31.9".
1) Based on reviews, it seems both tires are close in every aspect, except the LX20's slightly better in snow/ice. I have searched, but has anyone here used these?
2) It seems that these tires should be simple plug and play (no mods needed). But my stock spare won't work (Kumho 245/65/18). Based on what a few peeps put here, it seems that the best option for a spare is the 255/70/18. I have read mixed opinions on this, but can someone confirm that this indeed should be the right size spare tire for the above 2 choices? The dimensions are 10.2" width with a diamater of 32.1". Would the 0.2" be an issue?
3) Can someone confirm a spare tire model that would work with the 275/55/20 and fit in the trunk spare tire well with the lid closed? I don't really care of the baskets fit, but more so the lid closing.
4) This is a general question. I didn't realize the spare tire isn't a full spare. Using a 245 / 255...shoudl this be considered driving with a donut? Meaning if I did have to put this spare on should I drive with caution? (driving below 60, for short distances?
Thanks in advance guys..!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community