Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Bluetooth music issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/bluetooth-music-issue-72064.html)

phillysrt 02-23-2014 10:04 PM

Bluetooth music issue

Hey guys I need your help big time!!

When I sometimes try to play music via bluetooth it says "connect device". My phone is connected and I can make and recieve calls without issue but my bluetooth and SD card will not play anything. I went to the dealer and they saw it and they replaced the radio. Tech connected his phone and it played fine as did mine. Now I get into my car tonight and same issue happens. Connect device. Tried connecting my fiance's and hers said the same thing.

Anyone ever have this issue or anyone have any help!! Please help cause that's all I listen to is my SD CARD and my bluetooth music on my phone

I currently have a iPhone 5 and the newest software!

Please help

jbjones85 02-23-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 981058)
Hey guys I need your help big time!! When I sometimes try to play music via bluetooth it says "connect device". My phone is connected and I can make and recieve calls without issue but my bluetooth and SD card will not play anything. I went to the dealer and they saw it and they replaced the radio. Tech connected his phone and it played fine as did mine. Now I get into my car tonight and same issue happens. Connect device. Tried connecting my fiance's and hers said the same thing. Anyone ever have this issue or anyone have any help!! Please help cause that's all I listen to is my SD CARD and my bluetooth music on my phone I currently have a iPhone 5 and the newest software! Please help

I haven't had any issues with mine (iPhone 5) but haven't tried it in a week or two. Will try tomorrow morning on the way to the office and see what happens. Did you do the recent iOS update?

phillysrt 02-23-2014 10:17 PM

Yea the other night it told me there was a software update so I did. The confusing part is that the SD Card won't even play so maybe it isn't bluetooth issue and more a software issue

SNUKE 02-23-2014 10:21 PM

Re: Bluetooth music issue

Has it ever played the SD card?

SRTBLK 02-23-2014 10:31 PM

never tried playing music from SD but i have to connect device every time i use bluetooth to play music from iphone even though it is connected automatically to make and receive phone calls.

phillysrt 02-23-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 981075)
Has it ever played the SD card?

Yup it has. When the bluetooth music doesn't work the SD card doesn't work. When the bluetooth does work the SD card does as well!

phillysrt 02-23-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTBLK (Post 981081)
never tried playing music from SD but i have to connect device every time i use bluetooth to play music from iphone even though it is connected automatically to make and receive phone calls.

What do you mean?? Cause when I click connected devices it shows that my phone is connected for audio devices. It's so weird how either they both (sd card and bluetooth) work or they both don't work.

SNUKE 02-23-2014 11:10 PM

So you don’t have a BT issue, you have a music play back issue.
What happens if you plug the phone into the USB port and puts it into iPod mode?

phillysrt 02-24-2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 981096)
So you don’t have a BT issue, you have a music play back issue. What happens if you plug the phone into the USB port and puts it into iPod mode?

Ya I would say it's not a bluetooth issue and yes a playback issue. Tried to plug it in before and that didn't work as well

DarkHue 02-24-2014 07:21 AM

Did you try connecting your fiancÚ's phone using the cable too ? Check if there is playback then.

phillysrt 02-24-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHue (Post 981296)
Did you try connecting your fiancÚ's phone using the cable too ? Check if there is playback then.

i did not try that actually but here you go. Woke up this morning for work.......phone automatically connected and the the music and SDCard worked. So weird!!!!!

jbjones85 02-24-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 981304)
i did not try that actually but here you go. Woke up this morning for work.......phone automatically connected and the the music and SDCard worked. So weird!!!!!

Haha ok good I was just going to post and say I check mine on the way to work and everything worked as expected.