Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   2015 ecodiesel order/availability ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/2015-ecodiesel-order-availability-72081.html)

imaduner 02-24-2014 08:55 AM

2015 ecodiesel order/availability ?

When will dealers have info and ability to order 2015's ? I am guessing they will be arriving ~October ? My wife is warming up to the GC eco but does not want the first year of the ecodiesel (even though all reports seem very good). Thank you

Shannon 02-24-2014 10:49 AM

Re: 2015 ecodiesel order/availability ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaduner (Post 981328)
When will dealers have info and ability to order 2015's ? I am guessing they will be arriving ~October ? My wife is warming up to the GC eco but does not want the first year of the ecodiesel (even though all reports seem very good). Thank you

I am guessing July. There will be no to minimal changes from the 2014 to 2015 model years.

imaduner 02-24-2014 02:13 PM

Thank you, should work well for our given timeframe. Shannon can you PM me the group buy info please ?? Thanks again

Shannon 02-24-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaduner (Post 981440)
Thank you, should work well for our given timeframe. Shannon can you PM me the group buy info please ?? Thanks again

PM sent. Good luck.

ferntree 02-25-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaduner (Post 981328)

This engine has been available overseas you quite a while now - most of Europe and Australia and others. It is not a "new" untested engine.

Shannon 02-25-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferntree (Post 982029)
This engine has been available overseas you quite a while now - most of Europe and Australia and others. It is not a "new" untested engine.

Right now if you get the JGC, you get it with a VM engine and a ZF transmission. These are found in vehicles that cost twice as much. Wait too long, and you will find that Fiat will change to making their own, and the quality will not be as good. Personally, this is why I chose to buy right away, before things change.

imaduner 02-25-2014 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info. It will be my wifes vehicle and is her choice to wait for the 2015's. I totally understand the engine has been proven in europe. It sounds like orders will start in June with delivery ~Sept-Oct ish ? Thanks again :)

Rumline 03-02-2014 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon (Post 982036)

Right now if you get the JGC, you get it with a VM engine and a ZF transmission. These are found in vehicles that cost twice as much. Wait too long, and you will find that Fiat will change to making their own, and the quality will not be as good. Personally, this is why I chose to buy right away, before things change.

Any rough idea on when that will be? 2 months, 12 months, 24, etc?

Shannon 03-02-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumline (Post 984778)
Any rough idea on when that will be? 2 months, 12 months, 24, etc?

Fiat is already part owner, which IMHO means they will start looking at ways of cost cutting - wanted to get mine before that happens. No idea when we will see changes.

rubicontrail.net 03-02-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon (Post 984876)
Fiat is already part owner, which IMHO means they will start looking at ways of cost cutting - wanted to get mine before that happens. No idea when we will see changes.

Fiat is full owner of VM. They already had bought out GMs share in back in October.

ExcursionDiesel 03-02-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon (Post 984876)

Diesel engine manufacturers live and die on their reputation. VM has some VIP customers and I doubt they will compromise the quality of the motor. According to Gale Banks, the VM3.0 is packed with durability goodies that are "above and beyond" the typical 3 liter design. Fiat has owned half for a while now and I doubt GM did anything positive to affect their design goals. Now that they own all of VM, I doubt they'll damage theit reputation by cheapening the motor. Either way, we got ours already. :)

Rexlion 03-03-2014 05:03 PM

Yeah, but will they start building the bigger ZF under license, the way they are doing with the smaller one? That could make a difference.