Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Tried to replace a blown fuse yet? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/tried-to-replace-a-blown-fuse-yet-72092.html)

Bborzell 02-24-2014 03:34 PM

Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
About 1/2 of the fuses in the box under the hood are micro fuses (micro2, I think).

I blew the fuse for the trailer right turn signal last night. Still have not found a replacement fuse. Auto parts houses all drew a blank, even the dealer had none. Parts houses had never seen that size. Nothing like having a readily available supply line before choosing to lead the way with tiny new fuses.

jeepz 02-24-2014 03:56 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bborzell (Post 981496)
About 1/2 of the fuses in the box under the hood are micro fuses (micro2, I think).

I blew the fuse for the trailer right turn signal last night. Still have not found a replacement fuse. Auto parts houses all drew a blank, even the dealer had none. Parts houses had never seen that size. Nothing like having a readily available supply line before choosing to lead the way with tiny new fuses.

Have you checked Autozone? I believe I've seen them there

Bborzell 02-24-2014 07:19 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepz (Post 981508)
Have you checked Autozone? I believe I've seen them there

Thanks for the lead. There is an Autozone store about 20 miles down the hill who stocks them.

My local dealer dug me up one this afternoon. They won't be stocking them unless "demand grows". Sounds pretty weird to me.

jeepz 02-24-2014 08:24 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bborzell (Post 981627)
Thanks for the lead. There is an Autozone store about 20 miles down the hill who stocks them.

My local dealer dug me up one this afternoon. They won't be stocking them unless "demand grows". Sounds pretty weird to me.

Yeah strange, you'd think these small items they'd keep around just to have.. at least you got one!

Jim_in_PA 02-24-2014 09:31 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
I think you're supposed to trade in the vehicle for a new one at that point... :D

denis4x4 02-24-2014 10:54 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
I have a couple of hot rods that use the old glass fuses. Now a buck and a quarter if you can even find them.

AAAA 02-25-2014 10:46 AM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
Use a penny.

Red G8R 02-25-2014 12:53 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
Check if there are any spare fuses in the box. Some manufacturers do provide a few spares. The fuse label should say.

Marlon_JB2 02-25-2014 01:34 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bborzell (Post 981627)
They won't be stocking them unless "demand grows". Sounds pretty weird to me.

Huh?

Every Chrysler vehicle is going to have these fuses from this point on. They better hurry up and stock them. Did they use these same sorry excuses during the launch of mini-fuses?

robpp 02-25-2014 04:27 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
i found the micro fuses at o'reillys. it was an assortment pack but they sold them/

other makes have been using the micro fuses for years, other halfs 09 honda uses the them/

nonopr01 02-25-2014 04:36 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
Ebay and on your Dealer.

Bborzell 02-25-2014 04:45 PM

Re: Tried to replace a blown fuse yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonopr01 (Post 982215)
Ebay and on your Dealer.

One would think, but the dealer did not stock them. Had to make a run to their supplier.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community