Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   2012 Grand cherokee CRD PROBLEM (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/2012-grand-cherokee-crd-problem-72145.html)

NickIvan 02-25-2014 05:18 PM

2012 Grand cherokee CRD PROBLEM

Hi all,

Been having an issue with my 2012 GC diesel. Car was running perfect up until i hit around the 50k mark on my odometer. I get a knock/clunking sound when taking of and at slow speeds, even with accelerating just from rolling in Drive is will knock once or twice, changes all the time. And also when i come up to 100km/h its gets sluggish and does like a flutter like feeling, vibration maybe.

Been to the service centre twice already and both time they assured me the problem was fixed and still nothing. First time they changed oil in my gearbox, second time they done an update and reset my ABS. But the problem persists.

Ive read up that many people have a similar problem but with the v8 hemi, am i the only one getting this problem with the diesel?

any help would be much appreciated, this is really getting under my skin..

Im from sydney australia also.

Cheers

Baxter 02-25-2014 05:42 PM

Re: 2012 Grand cherokee CRD PROBLEM

Hello NickIvan
Mine is in today to try and fix the shudder that occurs in 4th and 5th around 80-100k , it's like going over a cattle grid and power is down (I don't have the problems you have at low speeds) . My service agent hasn't been able to fix this (they also changed Transmission fluid) and HQ has now suggested to replace the DPF and a sensor. The DPF is easy but the sensor is very difficult and they have asked to have the car for three days. My problem does not raise it's head around town in stop start traffic and doesn't do it all the time on the highway (I travelled to the Gold Coast last week and no problem at all . Like you I have read about similar issue's in the USA but only with the Hemi. Jeep HQ seem to think the car is trying to do a regen. of the DPF but for some reason cannot. I will post my result in a few days when I get my car back. (My service agent is Albion Jeep and they have been helpful). I kept a log of when my problem occurred and driving the same way each day it would happen about every third day

Baxter 03-05-2014 05:47 PM

Got the Car back on Tuesday and on Wednesday no drive and the gear box oil is dumped on the road for about 1k, towed back to Service Agent. Tow truck driver said this is the second GC in two days he has towed that had no drive and dumped all it's oil (the other was an STR ,mine is a CRD).

ENFORCER 03-05-2014 05:57 PM

That is not good Baxter, make sure they give you a loan car.
Get them to check the turbo hose, as mine was down on power and the cause was a split in the turbo hose.

Benn0 03-05-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickIvan (Post 982239)
Hi all,

Been having an issue with my 2012 GC diesel. Car was running perfect up until i hit around the 50k mark on my odometer. I get a knock/clunking sound when taking of and at slow speeds, even with accelerating just from rolling in Drive is will knock once or twice, changes all the time.

I thought others had suggested you can get a knocking sound from stand still when hill start (or something else?) was enabled?

Baxter 03-05-2014 10:16 PM

They gave me Manual Patriot ,what a POS. Albion Jeep have been good to deal with and they gave me a loan car before I asked. I was so happy to get my car back after a week driving the Dodge Journey V6 loaner last week. Hopefully it will only be a couple of weeks off the road as I couldn't cope with a month driving the Patriot (must be the ugliest car on the road)

Baxter 03-12-2014 09:06 PM

Jeeps back on the road, it ruptured the transmission oil line to the transmission cooler it appears they damaged the oil line when they replaced the DPF.

Barboots 03-12-2014 10:30 PM

Ughhh. Thugs.

I dread getting the 10k km service done next week... I'm worried a perfect vehicle will come back dysfunctional.

Hope yours remains good now,
Steve

Benn0 03-13-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxter (Post 990656)
Jeeps back on the road, it ruptured the transmission oil line to the transmission cooler it appears they damaged the oil line when they replaced the DPF.

Did replacing the dpf fix your shudder issue?

Baxter 03-13-2014 10:16 PM

No more shudder to date but I only got the car back Wednesday and the shudder only happened every three or four days (about every 100 to 150k's)

iboughtajeep 03-16-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxter (Post 990656)

Seems the norm. Ours went in to have an oil leak fixed. They damaged the crank angle sensor in the process and had to wait 6 weeks for the delivery boat to find Australia. I really wish someone would invent mail via a thing that flies in the sky.... what are they called?...

Baxter 03-16-2014 08:57 PM

I have now had the car back for six days and no shudder ,so it looks like the new DPF and sensor have fixed the problem.