Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Just traded my 11 in for the 14 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/just-traded-my-11-in-for-the-14-a-72153.html)

dubwarren 02-25-2014 09:11 PM

Just traded my 11 in for the 14

4 Attachment(s)
I couldn't stand it. After I saw the updated interior I had to have it. I'm weak. The new nav and instrument cluster really sucked me in. After driving it for a few days though my favorite change is the new transmission. It has really pleasantly surprised me. I had no idea...

It feels nothing at all like my 11 overland with the 5 speed.

I'm also loving the color scheme after coming out of 3 straight silver jeeps.(07 Laredo, 08 limited, 11 overland) my only issue so far is the realization that I will definitely not be able to keep it clean, inside or out. The black interior seems to show every speck of dirt as does the white exterior. But I guess I'll learn to live with that :-)

Here are a few pics.

deep18 02-25-2014 09:31 PM

Re: Just traded my 11 in for the 14

Two thumbs up man. The more I see the white, the more I like it.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 02-25-2014 09:45 PM

I love the white over black.

AJB-830 02-25-2014 09:53 PM

I also traded my 2011 red Limited for a 2014 Overland with the white exterior last July. So far I am very happy with the 14. I think you will like yours too. Al

Scottina06 02-25-2014 09:57 PM

congrats

Snipe315 02-25-2014 10:18 PM

She looks great!

It isn't the interior that is making me seriously consider trading in my 2012 Overland for a 2014 model.

Its those Amazingly Awesome looking Headlights and new Front End! :thumbsup:

Almost every time I see a Limited with LUX II lights or an Overland, I have to take a second look to ensure it isn't actually a SRT (they look that awesome!). :cool:

dubwarren 02-25-2014 10:27 PM

Agreed on the headlights and front end. They are sooooo sweet. I think you'll also find the new transmission makes the Hemi soar. A match made in heaven. It's seriously that much better than the old 5 speed. I kid u not.

Hard acceleration is almost to the level of video game fun....

But those headlights were on my checklist of options I had to have before actually driving it and feeling the transmission.

Also wanted the pano

Had to have the 5.7

Had to have quadralift

Had to have white exterior

I'm also loving the chrome tow hooks. A nice touch by jeep.

I dream about it at night.....

CHALLENGERBIZJET 02-25-2014 10:39 PM

You'll love the chrome inserts if you get them to replace the black inserts that come with the overland.

dubwarren 02-25-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET (Post 982421)
You'll love the chrome inserts if you get them to replace the black inserts that come with the overland.

Are you talking about the inserts around head and tail lights? I'd love to see a pic of that....

CHALLENGERBIZJET 02-25-2014 10:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No I'm taking about the actual black grill that comes standard on the overland and replacing it with a chrome insert,totally changes the front look to look even better in my opinion.

Attachment 36339

Attachment 36340

Here's the first pic the day i picked mine up at the dealer the second pic is a week later with the chrome grill insert and the original black one removed. With the daytime trim rings on and all that chrome I do see alot of people looking as I leave the light and they're going in the opposite direction or when I'm in the turn lane waiting to make my turn safely across traffic.

dubwarren 02-25-2014 11:17 PM

I def want to get rid of the factory grill inserts for the summit inserts. They really make a difference.

Did you do the work yourself or did the dealer take care of it?

Where did u get the inserts and how much were they?

This might be my first jeep mod.....

Thanks for the pic.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 02-26-2014 12:24 AM

I got the inserts from an online dealer I believe for about 55.00 new. I had the dealer install them because there's a removal of the front bumper that's involved so I didn't want to mess anything up and doing the install from inside the engine compartment is difficult because of the confined spaces.