Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Check list inspection (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/check-list-inspection-72179.html)

aperez114 02-26-2014 11:27 AM

Check list inspection

Dealership check list when picking up jeep

Jack1947 02-26-2014 01:30 PM

Re: Check list inspection

I can't find the checklist in this message. Did I miss a link or something? My Latitude is in Shipment status so it is something I would appreciate having.

bill_de 02-26-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack1947 (Post 982804)
I can't find the checklist in this message. Did I miss a link or something? My Latitude is in Shipment status so it is something I would appreciate having.

Could be the OP was actually asking for, rather than offering, one.

---

andamanc 02-26-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperez114 (Post 982736)
Dealership check list when picking up jeep

Discussed here on the Cherokee Forum:
Checklist for Taking Delivery! - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Forums

aperez114 02-26-2014 02:00 PM

Sorry for the confusion. I was requesting a list, thanks for posting, got it

Desert Hiker 02-26-2014 02:58 PM

I'm picking up my Trailhawk late tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

The checklist in the link was very helpful. A few thoughts.....

> When taking delivery, it's critical to validate items that could be disputed by the dealer later: (1) all the loose and easily removable bits, pieces, and parts that could disappear, such keys, cargo net, tonneau cover, spare tire, etc. (2) condition of the exterior, especially the paint, (3) condition of interior (quality of stitching, no tears/cuts, no stains, etc) (4) ocndition of exterior including the underbody and (5) check for major fluid leaks under vehicle and in engine compartment.

> The test drive before accepting title is critical to assure the vehicle is safe and no major engine or drivetrain issues are evident. If there's a major problem, then it would be helpful to know what it is and what the fix is before accepting title.

> If the order and the VIN build sheet confirm all the options ordered, then it all should all be there. If something is missing, Chrysler/Jeep/Dealer will make it right even if reported later.

> If time permits, checking the operation of all the features and functions is fine. However, I want to do the detailed testing on my own time @ a place of my choosing. Problem issues will be fixed under warranty whether noted at delivery or within the warranty period.

> Check to see if there is enough fuel to get home, or at least to the nearest filling station. :eek:

I'm looking forward to taking delivery tomorrow!! :w00t:

Desert Hiker