Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Uconnect / Verizon phone (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/uconnect-verizon-phone-72241.html)

Richard in Idaho 02-27-2014 07:17 PM

Uconnect / Verizon phone

The Uconnect phone web page seems a bit dated for Verizon.
Would like to know witch phones those of you on Verizon are using. And if you can use Voice Texting (free form text) Bluetooth MAP.
Also if the Jeep Uconnect Access App works.

Thanks

macfan 02-27-2014 10:08 PM

Re: Uconnect / Verizon phone

I use an inexpensive Samsung Galaxy Tracfone which runs on the Verizon network. Everything works fine. My guess is that it isn't Verizon you should be checking so much as the version of Android. I am running Android 4.0.4 My Jeep salesman told me a Tracfone would never work with Uconnect but turns out it works better than his Sprint iPhone.

Fumbler 02-27-2014 11:20 PM

Outstanding, macfan! I've been trying to determine if my LG StraightTalk (Tracfone) with andy 4.0.4 supported BT MAP. Seems like it just might. Now all I need is MY JEEP!:rolllol:

NHPATRIOT 02-28-2014 03:28 AM

I have an LG Lucid VS840 smartphone( no idea what Android version? )from Verizon and it works fine. I don't text though so no idea on that. Haven't accessed the UC apps yet either. But hands free phone works slick, it accesses the media on it fine, and it paired in about 5 seconds.

Richard in Idaho 02-28-2014 04:10 PM

The same phone on one network does not not the same on another network. Example, Galaxy S III has BT message access profile (MAP) on T-Moble but does not on Verizon. Per Uconnect Phone page you need MAP for voice text.
I did more research and found 5 Verizon smartphones with MAP. Samsung S III Mini, S 4 Mini, HTC One & One Max and Kyocera Hydro Elite.

Michelle 02-28-2014 04:29 PM

I have an Iphone 4s. The hands free calling works great, but it does not let me know when I get a text, nor does it read my texts to me. Isn't it supposed to read your texts to you?

stnkds 02-28-2014 06:49 PM

My Verizon Droid RAZR detects and reads texts just fine on my 430 nav.

NHPATRIOT 02-28-2014 07:57 PM

No 430's in a new Cherokee. That is the old style radios.

Richard in Idaho 02-28-2014 11:30 PM

From page 92 in the Uconnect 8.4A/8.4AN Owner's Manual.
"...iPhone and some other smartphone do not currently support BluetoothMAP."
So not voice text.

Alphainfinity 03-03-2014 11:56 AM

The 8.4an will notify you that you have a new text message and read the text to you, you just can't reply using the system. That is the functionality I have on mine with the iphone 5s.