Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Exhaust System (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/exhaust-system-72370.html)

Mikey403 03-03-2014 12:52 PM

Exhaust System

Anyone installed a Borla exhaust system on a 2014 GC V6? Im looking for one and only seen the Borla exhaust with a deeper sound. Does anyone know another exhaust system thats a bit cheaper than the Borla with a deep tone?

Chicago_Style 03-03-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey403 (Post 985469)
Anyone installed a Borla exhaust system on a 2014 GC V6? Im looking for one and only seen the Borla exhaust with a deeper sound. Does anyone know another exhaust system thats a bit cheaper than the Borla with a deep tone?

Reach out to Jeep_addicted.. He was selling his Magnaflow setup and it might be worth your while.. It's for a 11-13 5.7. But bolts right on to the 3.6 as most people have done.. Also should fit the 2014s

BF07 03-03-2014 03:26 PM

Re: Exhaust System

Unfortunately if you're looking for a deep tone Magnaflow is never the way to go. Makes a Jeep sound like a tuner IMO.

Strongjeff 03-03-2014 03:30 PM

Try dynomax. There is a 3.6 on here with one.

Chicago_Style 03-03-2014 03:40 PM

I am putting on my Gibson Single Axel Back Thursday.. So we will see how that goes.. Couldn't justify dropping that much cheddar on a dual set up

Strongjeff 03-03-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago_Style (Post 985590)
I am putting on my Gibson Single Axel Back Thursday.. So we will see how that goes.. Couldn't justify dropping that much cheddar on a dual set up

Good, will need to see videos of it bro! Do a drive by or something

Chicago_Style 03-03-2014 03:45 PM

I will! I will hire my wife as the camera woman lmao

Strongjeff 03-03-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago_Style (Post 985598)
I will! I will hire my wife as the camera woman lmao

Lol there ya go!

pinetar 03-05-2014 01:28 PM

I have the Gibson axle back on my 3.6 and it is perfect for my taste.

Added a deeper mellow grumble that I always notice at start up and accelerating.

I looked into the dual exhaust mod and the Dynomax especially because it was the most economical, but it seemed that it might be too loud and would still be fairly expensive. So I opted for the easier and cheaper route.

But let us know how you like it whenever it gets installed and same to the OP.

Chicago_Style 03-05-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 986768)
I have the Gibson axle back on my 3.6 and it is perfect for my taste. Added a deeper mellow grumble that I always notice at start up and accelerating. I looked into the dual exhaust mod and the Dynomax especially because it was the most economical, but it seemed that it might be too loud and would still be fairly expensive. So I opted for the easier and cheaper route. But let us know how you like it whenever it gets installed and same to the OP.

I am stoked for mine.. I plan on taking some vids as well for people.. The one that's out there is so hard to hear with the wind.. That's why it's so hard to buy an exhaust.. It's a big investment if You don't know how it will sound..

pinetar 03-05-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago_Style (Post 986770)
I am stoked for mine.. I plan on taking some vids as well for people.. The one that's out there is so hard to hear with the wind.. That's why it's so hard to buy an exhaust.. It's a big investment if You don't know how it will sound..

I agree the couple of videos the member made are a little hard to hear the exhaust, but honestly, any video isn't going to give you that great an idea of the sound like it is in person. Immediately upon start up after getting mine installed, it was louder than expected and I was really happy I didn't blow a G on the dual mod, that would no doubt be louder and especially with the Dynomax. I based it mostly on user's reviews on here and elsewhere about the Dynomax being drone-y and too loud, so I knew it would most likely be too much for me. And I didn't want to ruin the driving experience 24/7 having to hear exhaust sounds over my stereo.

Just my experience though. Good luck with yours!

Chicago_Style 03-05-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 986774)
I agree the couple of videos the member made are a little hard to hear the exhaust, but honestly, any video isn't going to give you that great an idea of the sound like it is in person. Immediately upon start up after getting mine installed, it was louder than expected and I was really happy I didn't blow a G on the dual mod, that would no doubt be louder and especially with the Dynomax. I based it mostly on user's reviews on here and elsewhere about the Dynomax being drone-y and too loud, so I knew it would most likely be too much for me. And I didn't want to ruin the driving experience 24/7 having to hear exhaust sounds over my stereo. Just my experience though. Good luck with yours!

Yea you are right with that.. My choice was on reviews as well.. Yours included so thank you.. Videos obviously won't paint the whole picture.. But for me (and my wallet) a video was better than hearing nothing at all :)