Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Uconnect wish list (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/uconnect-wish-list-72390.html)

bordridr 03-03-2014 08:29 PM

Uconnect wish list

There are a few things that I thought would be nice to have added to the Uconnect software. I'm sure there are others. Please feel free to add ideas. I hope the moderators with connections to Uconnect will take note.

Option to automatically fold mirrors on exit and lock.

Reduce or eliminate navigation guidance voice during cell conversations. It's annoying.

Auto-on seats and wheel based on interior temperature. It makes no sense to have them come on when the vehicle is warmed up. Or have an option to heat/cool on remote start only. (this was there in one version of software)

Allow access to the traffic soft-key for Canadian customers. XM offers traffic in the major centers in Canada. It worked great until the software updates removed access to the soft-key.

labjr1 03-03-2014 09:49 PM

Re: Uconnect wish list

All of my previous Mercedes had the first 2 options - even back as far as 2006. Folding the mirrors when locking and muting the nav when on cell phone should already be options.

5.7summit 03-03-2014 09:59 PM

1. This is SRT specific but I wish instead of just measuring 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times we could program in custom speeds. Say 0-100. Or 40-80 passing time. Or 0-100-0 time & distance would be cool. It already has the technology to do all of that just let us program in custom settings!

2. The ability to set custom sound equalizers for each audio source. That way you could adjust FM differently than satellite radio or BT audio.

bordridr 03-03-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by labjr1 (Post 985858)
All of my previous Mercedes had the first 2 options - even back as far as 2006. Folding the mirrors when locking and muting the nav when on cell phone should already be options.

On my VW Touareg too. I miss them.

dsi jeep 03-03-2014 10:52 PM

Favorite artist/song playing soft touch button is too narrow and too close to the top that is hard to press when driving. Better location or little bigger (or square) would be nice. Otherwise Uconnect is fine. I was checking Lexus's system on the auto show and it was very bad. It has like computer mouse control with hand resting area that was so hard to control and without paying attention on the road. Very happy I do not have to deal with it. Poor Lexus owner....

plynn7 03-04-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bordridr (Post 985804)
Auto-on seats and wheel based on interior temperature. It makes no sense to have them come on when the vehicle is warmed up. Or have an option to heat/cool on remote start only. (this was there in one version of software)

I believe there is A TSB that fixes this. Mine did the same thing, seats and wheel would come on anytime the temp was below 40 degrees, even if I just got out after driving an hour and the Jeep was still warm when I got back in. I have not gotten the TSB done because the thing started working a few months ago by itself after I updated to the latest Uconnect software. Now the only time the seats and wheel come on is if I remote start or manually turn them on.

MBDiesel 03-04-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.7summit (Post 985865)
2. The ability to set custom sound equalizers for each audio source. That way you could adjust FM differently than satellite radio or BT audio.

It doesn't do this?! My quarter-century old Mercedes factory radio does this! Granted, there was no satellite radio or Bluetooth then, but it allowed different EQ for AM, FM and cassette.

Roadkill 03-05-2014 10:42 PM

First on my list would be to have a climate control option to allow an actual "manual mode" where the user could set the temperature of the air coming out of the vents (i.e. rather than setting a cabin temperature goal).

Second, I would skip all this "auto comfort at <40 F" excessively clever stuff and just provide an option to persist the seat / wheel comfort settings to whatever they were when I last turned off the vehicle. 99% of the time I want it to be exactly the same setting the next time I enter the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.7summit (Post 985865)

Third, I am going to riff on your idea and expand it to include separate volume levels for inputs (or at least some way to normalize the volume levels among the various inputs). SXM is so much softer volume than any other input that if I switch from SXM to anything else without lowering the volume first then I get blasted.

mgseattle 03-06-2014 12:31 PM

The ability to control/set the radio call volume independent of the radio ring volume. I.E., when driving and using the hands-free with the caller's voice routed through the radio, If I'm on the freeway, I have to turn the volume up to hear the caller. Then, the next time the phone rings, the ring tone is obnoxiously loud.

labjr1 03-09-2014 09:03 PM

would like to see the option for just a warning chime in Navigation when a turn is approaching (non-verbose mode that I have had on several vehicles). Right now it is either the chatty lady in the dash or off. No in-between.

NYCDrew 03-10-2014 10:40 AM

+1 on basing the seats and steering wheel on interior vehicle temp instead of outside temp.

I also wish you could change the order of the buttons under the media screen. Or at least have them all on the first page. I find myself using the media selctions on the 2nd page more often than the 1st group.

GCLimited 03-10-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bordridr (Post 985804)

Auto-on seats and wheel based on interior temperature. It makes no sense to have them come on when the vehicle is warmed up. Or have an option to heat/cool on remote start only.

+2

That and having the rear window defrost/heated mirrors activate on a remote start below 37 degrees.