Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Has anyone had the sat antenna TSB done? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/has-anyone-had-the-sat-antenna-tsb-done-72392.html)

JeeperJohn 03-03-2014 09:37 PM

Has anyone had the sat antenna TSB done?

Brought my Summit in for the antenna TSB. There are two ways to go, a body color shark fin like the one already on the truck, and a black stick like on my 2011. The dealer maintains the shark fin in the TSB is exactly the same part number as is on my Summit now.

I suggested even though the numbers are the same they must have made some change although I really don't care if they put the old style on and reception improves. Anyone have experience with it?

Bill, if this has been posted somewhere before I'm ready to be flamed. I read the actual TSB and couldn't figure out the answer!

Thanks in advance.

John

silvermax04 03-03-2014 10:22 PM

I had it done with the the shark fin that came on it and somhow it is different because it fixed the problem. I think your dealer is wrong, it maybe the same part number but is likely a diffetent revision.

JeeperJohn 03-03-2014 11:18 PM

Re: Has anyone had the sat antenna TSB done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 985886)
I had it done with the the shark fin that came on it and somhow it is different because it fixed the problem. I think your dealer is wrong, it maybe the same part number but is likely a diffetent revision.

I think he's wrong too, I just wish I had something to document it.

robpp 03-04-2014 08:27 PM

"Usually" if a part is different they change the version letters at the end...AA AB AC etc.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 03-04-2014 11:51 PM

Is anyone having issues with their regular radio channels or HD channels buffering alot and dropping out?? Is this TSB just for satellite signals or for radio and HD stations also?

toddztoyz 03-05-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET (Post 986561)
Is anyone having issues with their regular radio channels or HD channels buffering alot and dropping out?? Is this TSB just for satellite signals or for radio and HD stations also?

I have not had any reception problems at all. I have the 730N RHR radio with no updates and the only problem I have is about a week or two go by and I loose my Satellite radio presets. I am waiting for my Jeep dealer to get the update disc to fix this.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 03-05-2014 11:05 AM

This is for the 2014 grand Cherokee with the 8.4 inch screen that's the redio I was referring to.

JeeperJohn 03-05-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET (Post 986561)

I think it covers all radio reception.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 03-05-2014 02:46 PM

Thanks jeeper

blackknight 03-08-2014 07:56 PM

I was told it has different wiring. I had my changed and it fixed the problem. It still looks the same as the old shark fin.

elitesigs 03-09-2014 03:49 PM

When was this TSB released, and would my Feb build date be affected? I haven't noticed any radio related issues, but only have 150 miles.

silvermax04 03-09-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elitesigs (Post 988755)
When was this TSB released, and would my Feb build date be affected? I haven't noticed any radio related issues, but only have 150 miles.

If you had the issue you would know it lots of signal drops as compared to previous cars I have owned.

WK/WD vehicles built on or before November 09, 2013

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0808913.pdf