Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Removing Fog Light Bezel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/removing-fog-light-bezel-72432.html)

Blk2014 03-04-2014 07:32 PM

Removing Fog Light Bezel

Anybody know how or have removed the chrome surround of the fog lights on 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland? Looking to black out that portion. Thanx to all.

RL1924 03-02-2016 01:31 PM

Re: Removing Fog Light Bezel

To bring a thread back from the dead, I have been searching my self for this answer, will the chrome section pop off the front? Or do I have to remove the whole housing first from the back section of the bumper :confused:

ajag 03-02-2016 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RL1924 (Post 1269055)
To bring a thread back from the dead, I have been searching my self for this answer, will the chrome section pop off the front? Or do I have to remove the whole housing first from the back section of the bumper :confused:

you'll need to remove the whole bumper cover and then remove it from the inside...the fog light needs to be removed first then the bezel assembly is able to be removed.

I removed mine and painted it with that black chrome paint....it doesn't last...it chips bad..

I'd recommend either buying black ones or wrapping them in vinyl...you may be able to just wrap them without removing everything also..

I think it does look good blacked out though

kongamonga 03-02-2016 06:25 PM

Ajag, I've read In another thread that it's just removing 2 screws and the bezels come out via access through the fender, can you confirm if this route is possible?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

ajag 03-03-2016 01:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kongamonga (Post 1269153)
Ajag, I've read In another thread that it's just removing 2 screws and the bezels come out via access through the fender, can you confirm if this route is possible?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

I don't know how you'd do that easily..the fog light asembly has to be removed before you canget the bezels out...i guess if you're really good then it may be possible to remove the fogs w/o removing the bumper...but honestly...you can take the bumper cover off in like 5-10 minutes...its soo easy that I would never try doing it the other way.

to take the bumper cover off you just remove the push pins from the inner fender and one bolt from each side...then remove the 2 big turn clips from the bottom and there's 4 other push pins that hold the bottom section on...there's like 4 or 5 pins you pop off on the very top with the hood open and thats it...I've done it like 10 times so it's a 5 minute job for me now..