Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   SRT8 Replicas that would fit SRT8 Brembo Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/srt8-replicas-that-would-fit-srt8-brembo-brakes-72505.html)

Lateral Line 03-06-2014 05:21 PM

SRT8 Replicas that would fit SRT8 Brembo Brakes

Hi,

New owner of a 2014 Summit Diesel. I've been reading up on the SRT8 Brembo brake upgrade and I am considering to to this.

What wheel offset would i need to clear the brembo brakes? I'm looking at the 20x9 wheel size in Black color in multi-spoked pattern, not the thick 5 spoke pattern.

Here is a set of wheels i found on Ebay. Would this offset of +37 work?

4 New Jeep SRT8 20" Wheels Gloss Black OE 20x9 5x127 Grand Cherokee | eBay

My ears are open for any suggestions and comments. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Garrett

Scottina06 03-06-2014 07:30 PM

Any wheel that fits the gen1 srt will work. I don't think those do.

Evolv0 03-06-2014 11:41 PM

Re: SRT8 Replicas that would fit SRT8 Brembo Brakes

Why not scott? I was planning on doing the same as Lateral so im bumping for interest. and also, $775.00+free shipping is a great price for those rims!!

TheSiltSurfer 03-07-2014 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 987460)
Any wheel that fits the gen1 srt will work. I don't think those do.

I was interested in this as well, if this is true then it Must mean that only the 20x10 reps will fit not the 20x9 am I correct?

Strongjeff 03-07-2014 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer (Post 987640)
I was interested in this as well, if this is true then it Must mean that only the 20x10 reps will fit not the 20x9 am I correct?

correct, the 20x10 has more backspacing built into the wheel to clear those brakes

Scottina06 03-07-2014 06:49 AM

20x9 gen1 replicas fit just fine too

Scottina06 03-07-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolv0 (Post 987585)
Why not scott? I was planning on doing the same as Lateral so im bumping for interest. and also, $775.00+free shipping is a great price for those rims!!

I'm pretty sure or wheels said they don't fit the 12+ srt......different design offset I guessm

Hercules 03-07-2014 03:37 PM

Here you go. These fit, 20x10.
Black Chrome and awesome price.

Jeep - Grand Cherokee SRT Wheels

Setoutguy 03-07-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lateral Line (Post 987411)
Hi,

New owner of a 2014 Summit Diesel. I've been reading up on the SRT8 Brembo brake upgrade and I am considering to to this.

What wheel offset would i need to clear the brembo brakes? I'm looking at the 20x9 wheel size in Black color in multi-spoked pattern, not the thick 5 spoke pattern.

Here is a set of wheels i found on Ebay. Would this offset of +37 work?

4 New Jeep SRT8 20" Wheels Gloss Black OE 20x9 5x127 Grand Cherokee | eBay

My ears are open for any suggestions and comments. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Garrett

Other than a big hole in your checking account what do you hope to gain by going with the Brembo SRT 8 upgrade? Why do you feel you need these brakes? Do you really like the cute red calipers that much Brembo stuff is way overpriced. You really dont need drilled rotors. Earl's brake lines, a good high performance street brake pad and a brake fluid with a high wet boiling point will give 90%+ of Brembo performance at a significantly reduced cost. Check out other similar systems from Baer etc.

Hercules 03-07-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setoutguy (Post 987988)
Other than a big hole in your checking account what do you hope to gain by going with the Brembo SRT 8 upgrade? Why do you feel you need these brakes? Do you really like the cute red calipers that much Brembo stuff is way overpriced. You really dont need drilled rotors. Earl's brake lines, a good high performance street brake pad and a brake fluid with a high wet boiling point will give 90%+ of Brembo performance at a significantly reduced cost. Check out other similar systems from Baer etc.

Are you kidding?
He gains 6 piston calipers up front with 4 piston calipers out back, all with much larger rotors to dissipate heat.
No way any pad upgrade/brake line upgrade for the stock 2 piston calipers is going to come anywhere near the performance.
The fact that they just bolt on without suspension modifications or needing brackets makes them a great bang for the buck mod!

loveracing1988 03-08-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setoutguy (Post 987988)

Scott has verifiable proof of a durango benifiting from the upgrade, a grand cherokee will pick up very similar gains. If you are so sure that all of your "upgrades" will work do a before and after test for us with your wk2 and report the results on here.

Strongjeff 03-08-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveracing1988 (Post 988227)

Scott has verifiable proof of a durango benifiting from the upgrade, a grand cherokee will pick up very similar gains. If you are so sure that all of your "upgrades" will work do a before and after test for us with your wk2 and report the results on here.

Yup even with my brake upgrades even I know my factory size rotors and 2 pot calipers wont hold a candle to the srt brembo's. Have my upgrades made a difference.? Hell yeah, but with brakes size does matter