Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   UK Sat Nav Issue- Instrument Cluster Multi-Pronged Roundabouts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/uk-sat-nav-issue-instrument-cluster-multi-pronged-roundabouts-72538.html)

Scotsman 03-07-2014 02:49 PM

UK Sat Nav Issue- Instrument Cluster Multi-Pronged Roundabouts

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure how many UK 2014 GC owners are members of the forum, but I've got a strange issue for which a technical case has been raised with Jeep HQ but they seem unwilling to do much about it unless other folks have the same issue.
The issue is that the instrument cluster junction display shows incorrect depictions of the junction your are approaching. The most common fault is a proportion of 4 exit roundabouts always show on the cluster display as 8 exit roundabouts......see below. Any one come across this??? May be a UK specific thing.... but if others are experiencing this, please ask the dealer to raise a technical case...if there enough of us they may do some work to sort it.

StaticFX 03-07-2014 03:31 PM

Re: UK Sat Nav Issue- Instrument Cluster Multi-Pronged Roundabouts

most roads on my cluster are incorrect... they will show a T instead of a + or a right turn when its a + etc.... 80% of the time it doesnt match whats on the Nav

Im in the US.. anyone else have this issue?

marosenb 03-07-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 987870)
most roads on my cluster are incorrect... they will show a T instead of a + or a right turn when its a + etc.... 80% of the time it doesnt match whats on the Nav

I am in the US... I was told that the instrument cluster is not meant to be a mini nav system, just a quick visual depiction of a turn coming up, or an exit, etc... there are only a limited number of images it has to display, and those images need to represent the whole gambit of what you might encounter when driving. For precision, use the nav system screen.

f1anatic 03-07-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 987870)

Yes I do have this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marosenb (Post 987880)
I am in the US... I was told that the instrument cluster is not meant to be a mini nav system, just a quick visual depiction of a turn coming up, or an exit, etc... there are only a limited number of images it has to display, and those images need to represent the whole gambit of what you might encounter when driving. For precision, use the nav system screen.

While I understand this position, this was not always the case. There have been a few releases of the UCONNECT software and the more recent ones have wrong depictions of intersections. I have complained about Ts instead of + in the past, and wrong information on the street names in the instrument cluster though correct on the big navi screen. It reached all the deaf years.

Scotsman 03-08-2014 02:59 PM

thanks for the feedback. I accept that there will only be a restricted number of 'cartoon' junction types, but it's the fact they frequently get basic junctions (roundabouts, +'s and T's) wrong. It makes what should be a great system pretty useless. Am sure there must be a way to more accurately/consistently map junctions from the sat nav to the instrument cluster. ..and was hoping Jeep would say they are working on, or willing to work on improvements since this will end up being an ongoing issue for 2015.

StaticFX 03-10-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 987971)
Yes I do have this issue.

While I understand this position, this was not always the case. There have been a few releases of the UCONNECT software and the more recent ones have wrong depictions of intersections. I have complained about Ts instead of + in the past, and wrong information on the street names in the instrument cluster though correct on the big navi screen. It reached all the deaf years.

yeah i agree.. its not like there are no + signs, its just not using the correct symbol... it has before. Should be a simple fix imo.