Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Ordered!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/ordered-72579.html)

OutsiderWV 03-08-2014 08:39 PM

Ordered!!

Just wanted to say I ordered my 2014 JGC Limited 4x4 with the 8.4AN package today. Should be in around 6 - 8 wks per dealer but one can be optimistic :). I haven't received an email yet so I am not sure as to the process for checking the order status during build; however I am assuming I should receive something early next week at which time I can switch to premium membership and take advantage of the Milous tracking service.

Thanks to everyone that helped to convince me to order my new ride. I will keep you posted and lurk around on the forums until then :D

Hiver 03-08-2014 09:00 PM

Re: Ordered!!

Nice, congrats! I ordered mine last Sunday and received an email on Friday that the order had been received and was being processed. Exciting stuff!

PilotProgram 03-16-2014 12:28 PM

Congrats! My wife and will be ordering the exact same soon, but with a tow hitch. We're thinking about a sunroof as well, but are torn. Your thoughts?

OutsiderWV 03-16-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotProgram (Post 992504)
Congrats! My wife and will be ordering the exact same soon, but with a tow hitch. We're thinking about a sunroof as well, but are torn. Your thoughts?

I am not a huge fan of the sunroof. I find that overtime, they become problematic and provide 2 additional things I don't care for 1) you not supposed to run them through a car wash and 2) they introduce additional cabin noise (even though it may be slight). We have one on our legacy and both my wife and I could go without it.

Good luck with your order. Hoping mine is around 5 weeks out :D

Marlon_JB2 03-16-2014 02:10 PM

I'll never buy another vehicle without a sunroof ever again. I love the sun beaming down on me while I'm driving. It also makes the interior "feel" much more open, even though I know it takes away a bit of headroom. Thankfully I'm not tall enough for that to be a problem!

zhenya 03-16-2014 06:46 PM

I love sunroofs so much that I got a Lux2 package primarily because of it. The other goodies are nice, but the sunroof was the primary reason. It feels nice to open the roof and have air enter through it as opposed to opening a window.

SW03ES 03-16-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutsiderWV (Post 992538)
I am not a huge fan of the sunroof. I find that overtime, they become problematic and provide 2 additional things I don't care for 1) you not supposed to run them through a car wash an

I've been running cars with sunroofs through car washes for decades and never had a problem. Every car I've ever owned except one has had a sunroof...

I wouldn't worry about it.

Congrats on the order! What part of WV are you in? I'm originally from Fayetteville.

MDBones 03-16-2014 07:30 PM

I haven't had a problem with a leaking sunroof since the days of the horrible GM T-top.

LMAO...

OutsiderWV 03-16-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 992680)
I've been running cars with sunroofs through car washes for decades and never had a problem. Every car I've ever owned except one has had a sunroof...

I wouldn't worry about it.

Congrats on the order! What part of WV are you in? I'm originally from Fayetteville.

I am up in Fairmont, close to Morgantown. Nice to meet a fellow Mountaineer on the boards :D. I am definitely no expert on sunroofs, but that is what they told me when we bought our legacy. The important thing is to order what you like and what suites your needs!

SW03ES 03-16-2014 08:15 PM

I know Morgantown well, most of my family lives in martinsburg now.

Sounds like something some car salesman told you about the sunroof. That's absolutely untrue.

Dan JGC 03-16-2014 08:18 PM

I've been buying cars since the early 90's....all with sunroofs....never had a single problem with them and took them through car washes all the time. Don't let those concerns prevent you from getting a sunroof if you want one! Best wishes.

Roger Ramjet 03-16-2014 08:26 PM

Agreed. I even had a 94 Firebird Formula with T-Tops and never had a leak from rain or car washes...