Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tuners/CMR/Dyno/Datalogging/Gauges (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f169/)
-   -   Custom Tune for Intune (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f169/custom-tune-for-intune-72587.html)

Wadohh 03-09-2014 08:51 AM

Custom Tune for Intune

Just wanted to share my experience with the custom tune I received Hemifevertuning.com. I have a 2012 GC SRT8 with 20K miles on it that I purchased used a couple months ago. Wasn't really overly impressed with the SRT performance (mainly acceleration) likely because my previous vehicle was a Camaro ZL1 that I had totaled after losing control on black ice. Loved the ZL1 but learned the hard way that a ZL1 really isn't that practical as a daily driver during winter in VA.

To try and boost performance I had added the following Mods shortly after purchase - 87mm Modern Muscle TB, Injen CAI, Diablo Sport Intune 93tune and 180 Deg Thermostat. I noticed slight improvements after installing each of the above. 0-60 times on the EVIC went from 5.1 stock to 4.8 after the above mods. Felt better about the vehicle, but still not completely happy with the way it performed - engine seemed to lug down instead of downshifting when it should, also couldn't get the throttle boost setting right - either seemed too sensitive or unresponsive - no happy medium. So I decided to try a custom tune and found Sean from hemifever tuning on the internet. Spent $125 and Sean emailed me the tune for my mods. After loading the tune, the difference was immediately noticeable. Felt more powerful with much better throttle response and shifting - EVIC 0-60 dropped to 4.5 after the tune! Sean had me send him a Datalog, but no tweaks were necessary. I am now completely happy with the way my SRT performs. Highly recommend Hemifever tuning.

hankwedge 03-09-2014 09:18 AM

How did u like the ZL1? Looking to get one. Faster than srt? I bet it doesn't stay on the road like the ZL1?

Wadohh 03-10-2014 06:11 PM

Re: Custom Tune for Intune

I loved the ZL1 it was extremely fast and handled great, definitely faster than the SRT. Just not good in winter conditions, SRT is much better as a daily driver and has a lot more room for hauling my kids around. Plus my wife would have killed me if I had purchased another ZL1!

peter2772000 03-20-2014 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadohh (Post 988541)
Just wanted to share my experience with the custom tune I received Hemifevertuning.com....

To try and boost performance I had added the following Mods shortly after purchase - 87mm Modern Muscle TB, Injen CAI, Diablo Sport Intune 93tune and 180 Deg Thermostat. I noticed slight improvements after installing each of the above. 0-60 times on the EVIC went from 5.1 stock to 4.8 after the above mods. Felt better about the vehicle, but still not completely happy with the way it performed - engine seemed to lug down instead of downshifting when it should, also couldn't get the throttle boost setting right - either seemed too sensitive or unresponsive - no happy medium. So I decided to try a custom tune and found Sean from hemifever tuning on the internet. Spent $125 and Sean emailed me the tune for my mods. After loading the tune, the difference was immediately noticeable. Felt more powerful with much better throttle response and shifting - EVIC 0-60 dropped to 4.5 after the tune! Sean had me send him a Datalog, but no tweaks were necessary. I am now completely happy with the way my SRT performs. Highly recommend Hemifever tuning.

I was wondering just what you were expecting from an awd 5000 lb pig 'till I read your stock 0-60 times. That's terrible bro. 5.1 was at what outside temps/DA?

Even now with your 4.5, I would think you'd be doing better than that with all your mods. I was regularly doing 4.3's during early morning summer days with ambient temps in the 60-70's and 70+% humidity. My personal best is 3.7 which I got a couple mornings ago, but the temps were +12*F, which definitely made the difference. Only mods I have is a Borla S, which does nothing for performance.

The above isn't to criticize or be a smarta$$. I just don't understand why your #'s aren't lower. Maybe high altitude?

gnasty1521 04-27-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter2772000 (Post 994635)
I was wondering just what you were expecting from an awd 5000 lb pig 'till I read your stock 0-60 times. That's terrible bro. 5.1 was at what outside temps/DA?

Even now with your 4.5, I would think you'd be doing better than that with all your mods. I was regularly doing 4.3's during early morning summer days with ambient temps in the 60-70's and 70+% humidity. My personal best is 3.7 which I got a couple mornings ago, but the temps were +12*F, which definitely made the difference. Only mods I have is a Borla S, which does nothing for performance.

The above isn't to criticize or be a smarta$$. I just don't understand why your #'s aren't lower. Maybe high altitude?

You have a 2014 smart guy. 2012's vary between 5.1-4.4 0-60...

peter2772000 04-27-2014 08:44 AM

C'mon man, you kidding me?

The 8 speed doesn't give you more than .1 or .2 at the most, and I doubt it even gives you that in a 0-60.

Again, wasn't trying to be a smartass. I'm just dumbfounded by his relatively high 0-60 times.

gnasty1521 04-27-2014 08:50 AM

You should read more posts. With a join date of February 2014, I bet they don't go back too far. It is well documented that the 8-speed gets you that and more. Talk to Scottina (owned both a 2013 with a lowest time of 4.4, and a 2014 with the same mods that pulled a 3.7). All of this is everywhere here. 2014's are way faster to 60.