Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Warped/ Distortion in Windshield (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/warped-distortion-in-windshield-72626.html)

LB2014JGC 03-09-2014 10:20 PM

Warped/ Distortion in Windshield

Has anyone noticed issues with wavy distortion on the factory windshield? I have had my 2014 for a few weeks and noticed it, but my passangers in the front and back really notice it. Now after driving a different car for a week and hopping back in it is driving me crazy. As your head moves I feel like I am in a FunHouse with those wavy mirrors.

Thoughts?

Peter_K 03-09-2014 10:31 PM

Uh...no? Perhaps you should have it looked at...

LB2014JGC 03-12-2014 12:03 PM

Re: Warped/ Distortion in Windshield

Well, I took the truck in to get checked out by the dealer. They see the warp as the images in the distant get smaller and bigger when you move your head around. They took pictures for Chrysler, but after two days Jeep is saying they need more info, can't see what we are talking about in the pictures. Kind of hard to take a picture of warping with a digital camera and sent via email. Does Jeep empower dealerships to make calls on stuff like this?

AAAA 03-12-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB2014JGC (Post 990357)
Well, I took the truck in to get checked out by the dealer. They see the warp as the images in the distant get smaller and bigger when you move your head around. They took pictures for Chrysler, but after two days Jeep is saying they need more info, can't see what we are talking about in the pictures. Kind of hard to take a picture of warping with a digital camera and sent via email. Does Jeep empower dealerships to make calls on stuff like this?

No, but they can advocate heavily on your behalf if they value you as a customer.

mswlogo 03-13-2014 03:51 PM

I forget if I've seen it on my Jeep or my Wifes new-ish VW. But if you sit in the back seat while someone else drives it's most noticeable. As the vehicle makes a slow turn and pans across you notice variations in the glass.

Over the years. Auto Glass has got worse and worse. Much softer than it used to be and pits way easier. Replacement glass is often worse than the OEM glass too. And now these non uniformities.

I kind of don't want to look too closely now or it will just annoy me.

Sitting in drivers seat it's not that noticeable unless you look for it.

I'd be impressed if they do anything unless it's really bad. And unless it was really bad I wouldn't get the windshield replaced if they offered. Nothing like a factory install. And it might not end up much better.

LB2014JGC 03-14-2014 11:03 PM

Well, it is getting replaced next week. OEM glass. Definitely going to give credit to the service fee department for getting it approved. Excited to see clearly again.

Peter_K 03-14-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB2014JGC (Post 991809)
Well, it is getting replaced next week. OEM glass. Definitely going to give credit to the service fee department for getting it approved. Excited to see clearly again.

Let us know if it corrects the issue

LB2014JGC 03-19-2014 11:43 PM

Well the fix went well. Given the angle of the window there is still distortion but not in my field of vision. Very happy with the fix.

Strider 04-28-2014 06:58 PM

LB2014JGC, did they have to do anything in particular to get Jeep to cover it under warranty?

I have one that has a distortion, and they want a photo for proof... Rather impossible task really.

LB2014JGC 04-28-2014 08:16 PM

I had to call my salesman and ask him to assist. It took over a week for them to approve it. But same story here they wanted a picture. It is really hard to capture.

Wade3976 05-07-2014 09:35 PM

Had this happen on a 2012 Charger. They honestly couldn't get a "good enough" pic of the problem for Chrysler. The dealership had another windshield issue on another vehicle and had the contracted glass company for them look at mine. It was a problem with how the protective film was applied at the end of a roll. The "glass guy" showed the service manager how bad it was when he could feel the pits/bubbles in the film. He replaced it that day and I was good to go.