Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Best way to remove dealer sticker (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/best-way-to-remove-dealer-sticker-72660.html)

pensfan414 03-10-2014 06:05 PM

Best way to remove dealer sticker

What's the safest way to remove? Thanks in advance.

bill_de 03-10-2014 06:09 PM

Re: Best way to remove dealer sticker

It depends, mine was individual letters that seemed like plastic. While washing the car I was able to remove them with my finger nail. I did it a couple of days after getting the Jeep and it left no marks.

---

dun4791 03-10-2014 06:11 PM

Best way? Make the dealer remove it.

GBJeep 03-10-2014 06:40 PM

I used a hair dryer, low heat which softens up the letters and they peal right off.

EllisWyatt 03-10-2014 06:57 PM

I made the dealer remove it.

zhenya 03-10-2014 07:02 PM

Heat it up, use dental floss or fishing line and then goo gone if there is residue

MOFSTEEL 03-10-2014 07:03 PM

Made the dealer remove a sticker/decal?

I know most people don't DIY but ...sheesh, it's a sticker. :confused:

Jim_in_PA 03-10-2014 07:16 PM

Yes, I've made dealers remove it before I would sign the final papers and drive off the lot. :)

That said, most dealers these days use vinyl transfers which can easily be removed by heating with a hair dryer or heat gun and then carefully peeled using a soft plastic scraper or a finger nail. Any remaining residue can be removed with "Goo-Gone" or similar and then washed.

denis4x4 03-10-2014 07:47 PM

It's real simple when you do factory order....tell them it's a deal breaker if there is a dealer sticker AND a dealer license plate frame . Works for me.

mswlogo 03-10-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denis4x4 (Post 989461)
It's real simple when you do factory order....tell them it's a deal breaker if there is a dealer sticker AND a dealer license plate frame . Works for me.

Yeah, those license frames are a real b$tch to get off. :rolleyes:

RFF111 03-10-2014 10:47 PM

You bet they are logo, especially when they drill holes into the front bumper of a brand new car like they did on mine...

5.7 My Hemi 03-10-2014 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've always just used a heat gun or hair dryer. Then use dental floss or fishing line to work it away from the body and then goo for any left over gummy stuff. Then maybe wipe the area or whole car with a little detail spray.

I had instructed the dealer to not put there emblem or license bracket on my vehicle; but once I saw the emblem I took it and put it where I wanted it because I thought it made a great contrast or match with the vehicle. Still might remove the Las Vegas just have to make up my mind. Once I put it where I wanted it the dealer thought it looked great.