Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Renegade (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/renegade-72718.html)

grandriver125 03-11-2014 10:03 PM

Renegade

Well, I have to say I must have been living in a cave. The announcement of the Renegade and its introduction in Geneva hit me out of the blue. Looking at the vehicle I'm starting to wonder if it would have been a better choice than the Cherokee (given it is my wife's car) provided it is towable flat behind a motorhome (that is questionable since their description of the transfer case is vague).

I was surprised to see that it has the 9 speed and what appears to be the same Tech package with Lane Sense, Blis, etc.

GR

bill_de 03-11-2014 10:10 PM

Re: Renegade

Scott was way ahead of you. He already has a section set up for the Renegade (BU).

I have a feeling we'll be tripping over these things in the next year or two. :)

2015+ Jeep BU - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

---

grandriver125 03-11-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 990103)
Scott was way ahead of you. He already has a section set up for the Renegade (BU).

I have a feeling we'll be tripping over these things in the next year or two. :)

2015+ Jeep BU - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

---

Not really - it appears it was opened only a few days ago and unless one is a devoted follower they sure would have not known what Jeep BU meant - I sure didn't.

lstowell 03-12-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandriver125 (Post 990135)
Not really - it appears it was opened only a few days ago and unless one is a devoted follower they sure would have not known what Jeep BU meant - I sure didn't.

No matter what you buy, there will always be something new coming out....

You may get more info if you logged into jeep.com, I just got an email from Jeep with links to Renegade as the featured item.

That, towing behind larger vehicles, sounds like a natural market for the Renegade for folks who can afford more than an ATV. Hopefully there's an attachment package to make this easier.

grandriver125 03-12-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 990344)
No matter what you buy, there will always be something new coming out....

You may get more info if you logged into jeep.com, I just got an email from Jeep with links to Renegade as the featured item.

That, towing behind larger vehicles, sounds like a natural market for the Renegade for folks who can afford more than an ATV. Hopefully there's an attachment package to make this easier.

My own preference is to the Cherokee because of its larger size. My dear wife prefers something smaller and her prior Escape was 8 inches shorter than the Cherokee. (actually, I'd prefer the Grand Cherokee but dear wife feels it is too big for her - which is baloney but if she says it she musts be right).

I have a feeling that there will not be a transfer case with "neutral" in the Renegade, and if that is the case it would be a miscalculation by Jeep. I don't usually buy the bottom models (my Town & Country is a Limited with virtually all options) and I seem to recall that Active Drive II is not available on cheaper models of the Cherokee. That is a negative for many RV owners (not us though).

I am getting updates from Jeep for the Renegade. I think it is going to get a good reception - especially if they make it available in North America with the diesel that gets 4.5 litres per 100 kilometers as stated in the Geneva introduction.

GR

barnettdlb 03-12-2014 06:21 PM

Interesting it has AD I with a low range. I was following the development of the BU also called Jeepster for a while, especially on Allpar.com but I have to say it had no where near the attention that the development of the Cherokee did.

loveracing1988 03-13-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnettdlb (Post 990543)
Interesting it has AD I with a low range. I was following the development of the BU also called Jeepster for a while, especially on Allpar.com but I have to say it had no where near the attention that the development of the Cherokee did.

It isn't ad1 with a low range, it seems to be a completely different system.
I would think the trailhawk version would have a neutral position but then again that would make sense.

ldsoles1066 03-13-2014 12:10 PM

My understanding is that tbe trailhawk version and maybe the higher end of Renagade will have the AD II system which should make it flat towable

gvsmitty19 03-13-2014 01:31 PM

I must admit... the Renegade looks sweet! Starting to see test vehicles in Michigan already. Taller and wider than a Patriot and only a couple inches shorter.

Add in a cheaper sticker price, 4x4 in every model, impressive mpg, and the option for a removable roof... and it's looking like a big hit.

The biggest negative to Cherokee in terms of the Renegade release is that the Cherokee now seems to be the odd-looking step child of the 2015 Jeep lineup in terms of the grill and lights. Renegade is a much more traditional Jeep look - from the front anyway.

barnettdlb 03-13-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveracing1988 (Post 990792)
It isn't ad1 with a low range, it seems to be a completely different system.
I would think the trailhawk version would have a neutral position but then again that would make sense.

HUH? I quoted the Jeep website... "The All-New 2015 Jeep® Renegade Trailhawk® offers Trail Rated® capability with the standard Jeep® Active Drive I 4x4 system with low range, a 1-inch factory lift, distinctive front and rear fascias, skid plates, 17-inch off-road aluminum wheels, aggressive tires and red tow hooks. "

loveracing1988 03-13-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnettdlb (Post 991090)
HUH? I quoted the Jeep website... "The All-New 2015 Jeep® Renegade Trailhawk® offers Trail Rated® capability with the standard Jeep® Active Drive I 4x4 system with low range, a 1-inch factory lift, distinctive front and rear fascias, skid plates, 17-inch off-road aluminum wheels, aggressive tires and red tow hooks. "

They are mixing their words up, active drive 1 is only 1 speed, no low range.

ldsoles1066 03-13-2014 06:47 PM

I don't think they are mixing up words. The Renagade Trailhawk will have low range. Watch the video from the Genava show on the jeep website. I thought I had remembered them saying it had AD II but it was the AD with low range