Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Cold Air Intake for 2014 GC SRT

21K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Franklin2012 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! Just wondering if there are any cold air intakes that work on the new 2014 GC SRT?
I would like to use Mopar but am open to options.

Thanks!

#2 ·
yep there are a bunch. theres some that go right in and some that you need to relocate stuff like your washer fluid tank. think its bwoody that you need to move the tank for.

take a look around in the wk2 srt section theres a couple threads about it! good luck, and welcome to the garage.

#8 ·
You need to remove the stock washer bottle and use the washer bottle they send. the directions are very clear and easy for anyone to complete.

#12 · (Edited)
#13 ·
It wasn't just a filter. I know the Jeep dealership contacted them direct and it's the whole cold air intake system but sorry to say I really don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing it today. I guess it was just an impulse buy. I looked on their website and I could never find anything but they assured me it was going to fit my 2014 SRT.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

#14 ·
#17 ·
Fits like a glove and purrs like a kitten
Looks good. This was released back in 2012. I thought you might have found a new intake.

#20 ·
Yeah, that looks like it's gonna pull hotter air, less restricted, but hotter than the stock box. I bet it's loud though.
I'm only a 5.7 in my '14 Overland, but I just ordered the Volant intake. Should see it in a few days. I can't imagine install will take me more than a half hour.

#21 ·
From the pic it looks as if it brings a s***load of air into the engine but like it's drawing more hot air in than cold. You could make a isolation box/wall around it like Injen did with theirs.

FWIW, I've been getting around 5 Deg C (9 Deg F) temperature differences between IAT and ambient with the Injen. Sitting in traffic much worse, of course.

#22 ·
From the pic it looks as if it brings a s***load of air into the engine but like it's drawing more hot air in than cold. You could make a isolation box/wall around it like Injen did with theirs.

FWIW, I've been getting around 5 Deg C (9 Deg F) temperature differences between IAT and ambient with the Injen. Sitting in traffic much worse, of course.

Was thinking in the same lines , if you can you need to make an isolation box

iPad @ JeepGarage

#23 ·
Just installed my Volant CAI yesterday. Took almost ten minutes-
Seat of the pants test- I don't really feel a change. Audible test when stomping the skinny pedal-wow, she's loud.
We will see how the MPG claim goes, but it will take me a couple weeks to stop stabbing the gas pedal just to hear the thing roar.

#28 ·
Just installed the aFe #51-12662

VERY happy with build quality, fitment and appearance! I will post all the pics I have...took about 1 hour start to finish...no modification needed!

Trickiest part was making enough room to get to the bolt behind the washed reservoir...this is used to secure the heat shield

Installed!! Not fitment or clearance issues at all...

NOTE I DID remove the flap above the headlight...seems like a no brainer to allow more air into there from the front as well!!!

I will update this thread as time goes on...but so far I am very happy...IAT temps are 4-7 degrees above ambient when moving...2++ degree lower than stock (for me)

#34 ·
Yes removing the flap above headlight is smart, none of these seem to offer true cold air intake, air taken lower is not as air taken higher ie just under bonnet (hood), and I don't like the idea of pulling air from down lower as if you have any water on the road you have to be careful

#31 ·
So far I am very happy...IAT temps are consistently 4-7 degrees above ambient, no fitment issues at all and IMO it looks GREAT!

Any update on the aFe CAI performance?

Sound?
I have been consistently getting 1-2mpg's better gas mileage than before. City is up from 14 to 15 mpg's. I was always right around 20 mpg's @ 75mph and now get 21-22 on a regular...over 22 mpg's with "ECO" mode on. I did shave 0.1 (1 tenth) of a second off my 0-60 time (4.4 stock to 4.3 w/ aFe) and that was with low-tread Pirelli's (almost 12k on them and need to be replaced). Looking forward to my time once I get new tread...would love to be in the 4.2 range!!!

As for the sound...WOW! I deleted my mufflers and in conjunction with this aFe the sound is great! When over 3500-4k RPM's this beast screams!!:eek: I love the sound from the engine and the exhaust note became deeper-toned and more like a caged, angry lion at WOT. Cold start-up is also very impresive when compared to no intake and mufflers on.

I will update as time goes on, but so far I am very impressed with all aspects of this intake!

#32 ·
Hi, this is my first post, could someone please just make a list of the different options for intake, preferably ones that don't need modifications to install.

I have a 14 JGC summit v6. I don't know what the wk or wk2 or whatever references, what do I have?

My plan is intake, sprint booster, and maybe supercharge later. Possible a tune like Diablo, but I don't know about have to do shit to the ecu

#33 · (Edited)
WK1 = 2005-2010
WK2 = 2011-201X (6-7)

And the 15+ are like a WK2.3 (where 11-13 is a WK2.1, 14-15 early is WK2.2, mainly due to the 8.4" Nav and 8-speed tranny) if that makes any sense...they are Porsche terms as a reference that apply to us in a similar fashion

My friend just went with the aFe on his V6; considered the Mopar, Injen, K&N and the aFe...he went with the Pro-Dry S which is similar to mine in that it is a non-oiled (dry) filter (unlike the K&N's for example)

His will be installed this next week and we will post up some pics. Do some searching on this site; ton of info at your leisure!! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.