Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Few pics form the plugs change and engine bay cleaning. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/few-pics-form-the-plugs-change-and-engine-bay-cleaning-7292.html)

05quadratrac 03-08-2010 01:59 PM

Few pics form the plugs change and engine bay cleaning.

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a few pics I took after I changed the plugs I did a quick wash and engine bay cleaning, the engine bay's not bad for a 5 year old car and I only washed it once before. You can see how bad the old plugs where.

B.P.O.D 03-08-2010 02:30 PM

Re: Few pics form the plugs change and engine bay cleaning.

looks good bro! great work!

White Chocolate 03-08-2010 03:18 PM

Looks good dude!!

Scottina06 03-08-2010 04:50 PM

looks great! yeah that plugs got a 50 gap or worse...LOL

05quadratrac 03-08-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 165614)
looks great! yeah that plugs got a 50 gap or worse...LOL

Thanks guys, I love that Grease Lightning Orange stuff, it smells good and does an awesome job at cleaning the engine and its cheap. The gap was just over .50. :D Thank god for this forum is makes these job's so much easier, I wouldnt have been able to do it without the advice and tips on here and my small hands made reaching the plugs simple haha.

Devilsmed98 03-08-2010 11:35 PM

Looks real nice man, I need to change my sparks out too I don't think they've ever been changed at 40k miles :worried:.

Engine bay is amazing clean, if I took a picture of mine I would probably be hunted down and killed by the nice clean SRT-8 guys. Now I have a question for you, I've been looking at some threads were people say no engine cleaning because you can mess up all electronics and sensors and stuff. Would you mind telling me how you exactly did yours? All other clean freaks can chime in, it would be appreciated.

Robert Palmer 03-08-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsmed98 (Post 165909)
Looks real nice man, I need to change my sparks out too I don't think they've ever been changed at 40k miles :worried:.

Engine bay is amazing clean, if I took a picture of mine I would probably be hunted down and killed by the nice clean SRT-8 guys. Now I have a question for you, I've been looking at some threads were people say no engine cleaning because you can mess up all electronics and sensors and stuff. Would you mind telling me how you exactly did yours? All other clean freaks can chime in, it would be appreciated.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...920#post165920

Devilsmed98 03-08-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 165922)

Lol of course I searched all the other forums except this one. Thank you.

Robert Palmer 03-08-2010 11:59 PM

Well after you made that previous post, I wrote one up. So..... :lol:

Devilsmed98 03-09-2010 12:00 AM

Hahaha just realized that, thanks for the write up tho. It will save me lots of money since I was just gonna start spraying the power washer in there without covering anything up.

05quadratrac 03-09-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsmed98 (Post 165927)
Hahaha just realized that, thanks for the write up tho. It will save me lots of money since I was just gonna start spraying the power washer in there without covering anything up.

I have a K&N so I covered the filter with a plastic bag, sprayed the engine down with Grease Lightning Orange and let it sit for like 15-20 min, i'll usually spray some more on like 5min before I hose it down then I just lightly hose the engine bay down. I used a can of Engine Degreaser before and it stunk my engine bay up and whenever I would turn on the heat I would get some really bad fumes through the system and into my car so I only use stuff like the Grease Lighting since it smells good and I dont think its toxic or as toxic as the spray can stuff anyway plus it washes off really easily and i've never gotten any smells from it through my vents. Anyway after I hose it down I wipe off as much water as I can, wait for it to dry then spray on some plastic spray which is whatever brand I have on hand at the time. Basically what Elvis does, I used their method's. It's always much nicer working on a clean engine. :D

wtlwdwgn 03-09-2010 05:37 PM

Great lookin' WK. Next time you shoot something small like plugs, don't get so close and they'll come out sharper. Just my . :)