Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Ukraine gets Overland w paint matched mirrors&handles, &black rearstep & tail surrond (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/ukraine-gets-overland-w-paint-matched-mirrors-and-handles-and-black-rearstep-and-tail-surrond-72940.html)

jgc4ever 03-17-2014 09:53 PM

Ukraine gets Overland w paint matched mirrors&handles, &black rearstep & tail surrond

?

Watch first 48 seconds...

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 - ‚ес‚-д€айв InfoCar (Час‚Œ 1) - YouTube

They should all be that way, here in the United States too!

SNUKE 03-17-2014 10:49 PM

Re: Ukraine gets Overland w paint matched mirrors&handles, &black rearstep & tail sur

This standard spec only comes with a Russian invasion.

Marlon_JB2 03-18-2014 02:22 AM

Re: Ukraine gets Overland w paint matched mirrors&handles, &black rearstep & tail sur

Yeah, I love the Russia builds. When I first saw one, I fell in love with the taillamps! Then I noticed the total lack of chrome. Looks good.

We were told that whatever Russia sprays on their roads in the winter, dechroming was necessary.

CNY_WK2 03-18-2014 03:15 AM

I wish I could have de-chromed from the factory :(

f1anatic 03-18-2014 06:10 AM

I have the Crimea edition on order.

GCLimited 03-18-2014 07:04 AM

I hear Putin has drivin a Grand Cherokee...shirtless of course.

jkchiang 03-18-2014 08:24 AM

In Soviet Russia, Jeep dechromes you!

Jim_in_PA 03-18-2014 09:08 AM

Just remember that "de-chromed" is a very subjective thing. Some folks prefer that look and others do not. It does sound like this is likely a good thing for that local edition because of the mention of corrosion possibilities due to winter road maintenance if the stuff is that caustic.

Marlon_JB2 03-18-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 993482)
Just remember that "de-chromed" is a very subjective thing.

Yeah but in the case of the Grand Cherokee, it looks really REALLY good with "Brushed Silver" instead of chrome...

wraab 03-18-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkchiang (Post 993460)
In Soviet Russia, Jeep dechromes you!

:lol: :ohsnap:

jgc4ever 03-18-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 993572)
Yeah but in the case of the Grand Cherokee, it looks really REALLY good with "Brushed Silver" instead of chrome...

Where is the "Brushed Silver" located on the Grand Cherokee?

Marlon_JB2 03-18-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 993594)
Where is the "Brushed Silver" located on the Grand Cherokee?

Everywhere there's chrome on a US model, except the window moldings.

Doorhandles and mirrors are body color though. Taillamps are black.

I *really* like them.