Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f76/)
-   -   Pixel on dash (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f76/pixel-on-dash-72979.html)

joey49 03-18-2014 07:15 PM

Pixel on dash
 
Hi has anyone noticed what appears to be a dead pixel on the dash.. It appears just above the km reading on the display as a white dot. It's random but annoying. Am getting dealer to look at this as well as the dreaded cruise not working tomorrow..

Cheers

SNUKE 03-18-2014 08:05 PM

Re: Pixel on dash
 
Not really the right forum section to be posting this. It’s better off in the trouble shooting section.

Do you mean the EVIC? Do you have a picture to show it, that would help greatly.
Interested to see what the result will be as most LCD manufacturers allow for a few dead pixels before it is covered by warranty.

joey49 03-18-2014 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 993850)
Not really the right forum section to be posting this. It’s better off in the trouble shooting section. Do you mean the EVIC? Do you have a picture to show it, that would help greatly. Interested to see what the result will be as most LCD manufacturers allow for a few dead pixels before it is covered by warranty.

Oops sorry my bad am juggling to many things in the office

Attachment 37121

Chers

SNUKE 03-18-2014 08:41 PM

Re: Pixel on dash
 
And it is there on all screens regardless of display selected?

Your screen is fairly dusty and there is a lot of glare in this shot, makes it hard for a fault to stand out. Pictures of the screens is always best done with as little ambient light as possible.
I gather it is the white dot below the word “to” and above the letter “k” for km, is that correct?

joey49 03-18-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 993867)
And it is there on all screens regardless of display selected? Your screen is fairly dusty and there is a lot of glare in this shot, makes it hard for a fault to stand out. Pictures of the screens is always best done with as little ambient light as possible. I gather it is the white dot below the word “to” and above the letter “k” for km, is that correct?

Yeah that's correct

SNUKE 03-18-2014 08:58 PM

Re: Pixel on dash
 
Does it appear on all screens?

Some EVIC screens have dots on that section to indicate there are pages to the left or right, does it still appear then?

joey49 03-18-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 993878)
Does it appear on all screens? Some EVIC screens have dots on that section to indicate there are pages to the left or right, does it still appear then?

I will check tonight can't recall if it happens on all screens

1st jeep 03-18-2014 09:40 PM

I don't really see it on your pic. But I have what I think u r describing. It's on all screens and random. This is my second '14 WK2. Both did it and it seems like it eventually goes away if the drive is long enough. It is 1 dot or pixel like u describe, @ the top right corner of where my odometer reading is. (Bottom of EVIC) Can you post a diff pic or PM me a pic

SNUKE 03-18-2014 09:49 PM

Re: Pixel on dash
 
This is it here:

http://i.imgur.com/gTjxtUq.jpg

1st jeep 03-18-2014 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you.

Yes, That is exactly what I have/had on both '14s. It is very odd

Btw, I totally laughed when I saw your arrows again. It reminded me of that funny thread the other day!! Thanks again

Here is how the pic was showing up for me the 1st time:


Attachment 37127

SNUKE 03-18-2014 09:59 PM

Re: Pixel on dash
 
I am disappointed as I am on my work PC, I have a restriction on the allocation of arrows.
If I was home, well, you know the results.

Actually, if I had used photo bucket, dam too late.

1st jeep 03-18-2014 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 993921)
I am disappointed as I am on my work PC, I have a restriction on the allocation of arrows. If I was home, well, you know the results. Actually, if I had used photo bucket, dam too late.

Hahaha!!!!!!!
U r lucky ur work PC doesn't block the site.
And here is the pic that was damn funny for those that didn't see it: Attachment 37128
*Property of Snuke*

To the OP, I have not broached this to the dealer as I am sure it would entail them messing around in there as it would be the only way to fix. Let me know if you do. I have not seen anyone else with this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community