Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Do these tires fit? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/do-these-tires-fit-73004.html)

GCOverland 03-19-2014 01:05 PM

Do these tires fit?

Since I'm already planning my MY15-purchase of the Grand Cherokee, I was wondering if these 265/60R18 Continental CrossContact LX20 tires

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....dClar=Overland

would fit these 18" Mopar-wheels:

Jeep 18" 10-Spoke Wheel for Grand Cherokee 2011-2014 - Item # 82212286

The wheel in the link is the grey one but should be identical to the black one I'd like - so there should be no difference in size between the two.

Tire Rack listed the mentioned tires as a match for the 2014 Overland with 18" wheels - so the question is if the factory 18" Overland-wheels have the same size as the accessory-wheels I'm looking at.

If you have any experience with these tires, I'd certainly appreciate your input, too.

I assume they fit but I'm everything but an expert...:o

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

kkreit01 03-20-2014 11:41 AM

Re: Do these tires fit?

Yes. They are OE size. They will fit. You are smart to rid of the OE Michelins. They are horrible.

GCOverland 03-21-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 994781)
Yes. They are OE size. They will fit. You are smart to rid of the OE Michelins. They are horrible.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

The reason why I'm looking for tires is that I'm planning on replacing the 20" wheels on the Summit (which are a bit too "shiny" for my taste) with one of the 18" Mopar-wheels. And since it's obvious that the tires from the factory-installed 20"-wheels won't fit on 18", I'd need a matching set of tires.

Jim_in_PA 03-21-2014 01:32 PM

Someone linked to a tire size calculator in the Tire/Wheel forum here at JG that can be helpful in targeting your "new" tire size to match the OEM diameter if you want to experiment with other tire options. But the size you listed does appear to be the OEM size which would effectively match the height of the 260-50-20 that your vehicle shipped with...keeping your odometer and related accurate.

lstowell 03-21-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCOverland (Post 994233)
Since I'm already planning my MY15-purchase of the Grand Cherokee, I was wondering if these 265/60R18 Continental CrossContact LX20 tires

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....dClar=Overland

would fit these 18" Mopar-wheels:

Jeep 18" 10-Spoke Wheel for Grand Cherokee 2011-2014 - Item # 82212286

The wheel in the link is the grey one but should be identical to the black one I'd like - so there should be no difference in size between the two.

Tire Rack listed the mentioned tires as a match for the 2014 Overland with 18" wheels - so the question is if the factory 18" Overland-wheels have the same size as the accessory-wheels I'm looking at.

If you have any experience with these tires, I'd certainly appreciate your input, too.

I assume they fit but I'm everything but an expert...:o

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

If you input a 2014 GC on the same page as your link, then select the 18 inch OEM size, you get that Conti as the least expensive of three different Conti's that fit.

Bummer, the Extreme Contact doesn't appear to be available in that size, but it might be worth asking your tire vendor.

Two other worthy tires in that same size would be the Michelin MS/2 which should be embarrassed to admit it comes from the same company as its black sheep brother in law the Latitude. Also the Pirelli Scorpion STR.

The Michelin LTX/AT2 is also a candidate but I had them on a prior jeep and they did not wear nearly as long as the MS/2, their wet and light snow traction wasn't quite as good, and their trail performance wasn't notably any better, plus they were noisier.

GCOverland 03-21-2014 08:21 PM

Thanks for your input, folks!:thumbsup:

When I used the "input-feature" on tire-rack, I entered 2014 GC Overland and picked the 18" option since - as we all know - there is no 18" factory-option on the Summit.

So according to tire-rack, the tires I mentioned is a confirmed fit for the Overland's 18" "off-road wheels" - the ones that are factory-installed if you opt for the trail-rated version (off-road adventure package?).

I simply wasn't sure if all 18"-wheels offered either by Jeep or Mopar have the same dimensions - but I don't see any reason or indication why they shouldn't - so if a tire fits the 18" factory-installed wheel, it should fit the 18" Mopar-wheel, too.

GCOverland 03-21-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 995512)
But the size you listed does appear to be the OEM size which would effectively match the height of the 260-50-20 that your vehicle shipped with...keeping your odometer and related accurate.

Yeah, that's something I certainly don't want to mess with. The reviews on the Continentals are quite good and considering the price, they do look tempting.

As long as they are as good as the factor-installed rubber, I'll be happy - and based on what I'm reading here so far, that shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.:D

Jim_in_PA 03-22-2014 12:04 PM

If I"m not mistaken, my wife's Outback came with CrossContacts from the factory. They are wearing very well.