Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Exit Mode Air Suspension Lowering: Just Learned How to Use This (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/exit-mode-air-suspension-lowering-just-learned-how-to-use-this-73005.html)

fun2drive 03-19-2014 01:11 PM

Exit Mode Air Suspension Lowering: Just Learned How to Use This

Yes I am slow on this one. I think bill_de's comments on lowering the suspension below 15 mph got me thinking that I am not using this feature correctly. Now I do hit the down button when I am below 15 mph before stopping and getting out. It helps my SO who is 5'3-4" depending on the time of day get out with her toe touching the ground.
It does make a difference and after reading the 699 page manual I missed how to do this.

For those of you that are slow like me this is what you do to get the suspension to lower. I assumed once in park it would do it automatically...

bill_de 03-19-2014 01:31 PM

Re: Exit Mode Air Suspension Lowering: Just Learned How to Use This

Yours, if built after July, should have a setting to have it work automatically when set in park. Check the menus on the 8.4" screen.

If you can set it, remember it will stop lowering when you open the door. So, if you can remember to keep pushing the down button when you slow down, you are ahead of the game ... by a few seconds. :)

Red G8R 03-20-2014 09:44 AM

Are you saying on the late '14s that have the auto feature, once the door is opened it stops? But does it continue to lower after you exit and close the doors?

SummJeep 03-20-2014 11:18 AM

Yes!!

berk483 03-20-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 994734)
Are you saying on the late '14s that have the auto feature, once the door is opened it stops? But does it continue to lower after you exit and close the doors?

As long as it is still running. If you shut the engine off it won't go up or down.

SummJeep 03-20-2014 11:31 AM

No it continues down to the requested park mode ride height with the engine on or off. The only time I have not seen it do that was when a door was closed incorrectly and left with a crack.

bill_de 03-20-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummJeep (Post 994774)
No it continues down to the requested park mode ride height with the engine on or off. The only time I have not seen it do that was when a door was closed incorrectly and left with a crack.

What year Jeep?

---

SummJeep 03-20-2014 11:34 AM

I have a 2014 summit with a October build date.

mxmumtuna 03-20-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Same with my '14 Summit (1/14 build)

Roger Ramjet 03-20-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 994777)

What year Jeep?

---

Same with my 14 Overland.

SummJeep 03-20-2014 12:17 PM

I'm glad others have chimed in because I was starting to think mine was the only one doing it :). I do find the rear end to be inconsistent in what height it stops at. Anyone else notice this? I find it doesn't come down far enough and the jeep looks quite racked sometimes.

Hayseed_wk2 03-20-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Mine too.

Just wish it went down quicker so it would lowered by the time I opened the door.