Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Raising/lowering vehicle height 2014 JGC Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/raising-lowering-vehicle-height-2014-jgc-overland-73026.html)

rtmst3k 03-20-2014 01:30 AM

Raising/lowering vehicle height 2014 JGC Overland

Hi All

I have a 2014 JGC Overland with the adjustable ride-height capability but I would like to shut this option off

I would like to set the vehicle as low as possible and leave it there - When the jeep is in "park" I press the button that says lower the vehicle all the way down to park, but when I shift into "Drive" and start moving again, the jeep raises back up again - I want to stop this behavior but can't seem to stop the vehicle from moving up and down while driving.

I guess I want to turn the "automatic" ride height control and let me set it manually -

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Randy

berk483 03-20-2014 03:39 AM

The only way that was discussed on here was putting it in entry/exit mode and then pull the fuse.

nonopr01 03-20-2014 05:39 AM

Re: Raising/lowering vehicle height 2014 JGC Overland

I would not recommend that step.
Ride in the entry/exit mode is very unstable and harsh.

trelos78 03-20-2014 06:23 AM

It's the F50 fuse. Put it in exit mode, shut off the car, open the hood and pull the fuse. Done!!!

TurboRush 03-20-2014 07:15 AM

I guess technically that would work. But the ride would suck and it'll hurt the life of the suspension.

f1anatic 03-20-2014 07:52 AM

research threads in recent days. There is a guy out East claiming that it can be done via a dealer configuration device (witech?) and the car can be lowered by whatever amount you want, within reason and with some limitations.

the process is reversible but depending on how much you lower, you might not be able to take the car off-road.

trelos78 03-20-2014 09:37 AM

I did the same thing to my 2012. From driving mine, I feel the ride actually a bit tighter and not floaty like with QD on. Just my opinion. I will, occasionally put the fuse back on and drive around for a couple of days so nothing happens to the components. Popping a fuse is a bit more cost effective than paying $300-400 IMO

not_too_shabby 03-20-2014 04:35 PM

Don't you lose the load leveling too if you pull the fuse? I just wish I could keep mine in aero mode without having to be in sport mode all the time or driving over 55 mph.

berk483 03-20-2014 05:01 PM

The load leveling is not inherent to the QL. It is a feature built into the shock I believe.

bill_de 03-20-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berk483 (Post 994966)
The load leveling is not inherent to the QL. It is a feature built into the shock I believe.

No. Vehicles with tow package and no QL have load leveling shocks.

With QL, that is the system that levels the vehicle. Heck, it will even level the vehicle after you shut it off. You can hear the pump.

---

berk483 03-20-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 994977)
No. Vehicles with tow package and no QL have load leveling shocks. With QL, that is the system that levels the vehicle. Heck, it will even level the vehicle after you shut it off. You can hear the pump. ---

Exactly what I was saying...the load leveling wouldn't be disabled with the fuse for QL out.

Since you mentioned the pump, I Thought maybe that's what some owners who stated the QL works after shut down may have been experiencing with regards to the entry exit after shutdown. I don't believe my '13 continues after shutdown. It just levels after a minute or two.

bill_de 03-20-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berk483 (Post 994990)
Exactly what I was saying...the load leveling wouldn't be disabled with the fuse for QL out.

Since you mentioned the pump, I Thought maybe that's what some owners who stated the QL works after shut down may have been experiencing with regards to the entry exit after shutdown. I don't believe my 13 continues after shutdown. It just levels after a minute or two.

Not what I'm saying. If you shut off the Q/L by pulling the fuse you shut off it's ability to level anything.

That's why I asked what year. The people who said it continues may all have '14s