Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/)
-   -   Just ordered an Overland diesel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/just-ordered-an-overland-diesel-73096.html)

indydof 03-22-2014 12:39 AM

Just ordered an Overland diesel

Hi, I have been lurking the forums a while and have finally ordered a new Overland diesel.

Really hoping i have chosen the right engine in the diesel, I am coming from a 6.0L Cross8 and was considering the hemi but I I'll be towing and I do like the torque of the diesel, it's not exactly slow either.

Ended up going for a Maximum steel with indigo blue interior with skid plates and rock rails. Can't wait for it to arrive now :) I'm now just waiting for the VON to be supplied by the dealer so I can track it.

I look forward to being a part of this great forum, although hopefully not for any issues :)

Indy

bustergc 03-22-2014 11:33 AM

Re: Just ordered an Overland diesel

Quote:

Originally Posted by indydof (Post 995793)
Hi, I have been lurking the forums a while and have finally ordered a new Overland diesel.

Really hoping i have chosen the right engine in the diesel, I am coming from a 6.0L Cross8 and was considering the hemi but I I'll be towing and I do like the torque of the diesel, it's not exactly slow either.

Ended up going for a Maximum steel with indigo blue interior with skid plates and rock rails. Can't wait for it to arrive now :) I'm now just waiting for the VON to be supplied by the dealer so I can track it.

I look forward to being a part of this great forum, although hopefully not for any issues :)

Indy

I ordered the same car with the same exact color schemes! Mine is supposed to arrive around April 1st. From reading this forum the JGC sounds like a great car but has a few issues - hopefully they are all worked out by the time we get ours. I have never owned a diesel so I am looking forward to giving it a try.

bill_de 03-22-2014 11:36 AM

I can't understand why anybody would order those colors.

But I'll bet you both love it.

:)

---

indydof 03-22-2014 05:54 PM

Wife liked the black, while I also liked the black,it is a nightmare to keep looking nice especially with the pearl topcoat, so Maximum steel it is :) I have also seen the indigo blue interior in person and it looks great, I much prefer it to the black, especially the silver trimmings instead of the copper.
The issues people are seeing in Australia are a bit of a worry, but I'm up for the challenge of owning a Jeep :D
I asked the dealer if my overland is expected to have front tow hooks but they weren't able to confirm, my particular dealer hasn't seen one come in with front tow hooks yet, fingers crossed it comes with them, although it's crazy they they didn't.

bill_de 03-22-2014 06:03 PM

I was joking. Those are the interior and exterior colors of my Overland.
:)

---

indydof 03-22-2014 06:22 PM

Oh, good choice then, how's the indigo blue interior after a bit of time? No regrets?

bill_de 03-22-2014 06:31 PM

It's a little over a year old and still looks new. You will need to wipe the dash and door panels down with a damp cloth once in awhile. They do show dirt and dust.

No regrets at all.

---

bustergc 03-22-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 996094)
It's a little over a year old and still looks new. You will need to wipe the dash and door panels down with a damp cloth once in awhile. They do show dirt and dust.

No regrets at all.

---

Really like the indigo blue interior - glad you have no regrets! We were originally looking at the light beige until we saw the Blue / Brown.