Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/)
-   -   REJ Sat Nav Screen Intermittently Goes Black (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/rej-sat-nav-screen-intermittently-goes-black-73098.html)

jugganator 03-22-2014 06:03 AM

REJ Sat Nav Screen Intermittently Goes Black

Hi,

My 2006 WH GC Overland REJ Sat Nav has recently started to play up, the screen sometimes displays, and sometimes it goes black. All the buttons work on the unit as well as the steering mounted controls.

I have looked around on the net and not come up with anything. Any suggestions?

jugganator 03-31-2014 06:59 AM

Re: REJ Sat Nav Screen Intermittently Goes Black

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugganator (Post 995858)
Hi,

My 2006 WH GC Overland REJ Sat Nav has recently started to play up, the screen sometimes displays, and sometimes it goes black. All the buttons work on the unit as well as the steering mounted controls.

I have looked around on the net and not come up with anything. Any suggestions?

anyone? without the screen its pretty much useless. Will I need to replace it? and what after market solutions are a good swap?

JohnzJeep 06-03-2014 07:06 AM

Hi, Did you get an answer on this one as I have seen the same.:confused:

jugganator 06-05-2014 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnzJeep (Post 1031801)
Hi, Did you get an answer on this one as I have seen the same.:confused:

I am afraid not, it went to Jeep, they were unable to find a "fault" when plugged into their diagnostic machine.

Their reply was to replace the unit, at a staggering 2000!

Jeep really do put in some sub-standard parts. Another TPM has failed which will cost about 60 to replace. Piece of shit car.

JohnzJeep 06-05-2014 06:43 AM

Do you know if you are using a genuine Jeep satnav disc? I intend to dismantle mine at the weekend, if I find the cause I will let you know. There is a site (in German) that explains how to pull one apart.

REJ – 300C-Forum Wiki

Cheers John

ErichNY7 06-05-2014 11:37 AM

I just bought a 2014 Summit and the same thing happened to me. Sometimes it would stay on, but most of the time it would shut off at random times shortly after turning the Jeep on. I brought it to Jeep, they reset it, but it still did the same thing. I brought it back and they replaces the whole unit for free under warranty. Then yesterday, the new unit will not produce any sound for either the music or navigation.
Unbelievable.

jugganator 06-06-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnzJeep (Post 1032751)
Do you know if you are using a genuine Jeep satnav disc? I intend to dismantle mine at the weekend, if I find the cause I will let you know. There is a site (in German) that explains how to pull one apart.

REJ – 300C-Forum Wiki

Cheers John

yes its the original disc. I highly doubt the disc is the issue. I would suspect some form of circuit board failure. A skilled electrician may be able to fix it, but its finding one that knows what to do.

i am thinking of upgrading the unit to a mygig REW unit, but i am not sure of the exact cost and if i would need a lock pick. For certain i do not plan to spend 2k.

berviecanuck 06-18-2014 02:41 PM

I had same problem and after Jeep dealer wanted 1,600 for replacement (he said not repairable)
After weeks of trawling the net, I found a repair shop in the US who had a contact in UK and they repair the Chrysler radios (Mine is actually built by Alpine for Jeep GC unit) These guys knew EXACTLY what the problem was.
Their name is - Factory Car Stereo Repair Inc at http://www.carstereohelp.com/]
They put me in touch with a UK repair shop that appear to know what I am talking about for a Jeep repair. The UK shop is Maple Audio at Maple Audio
Got my sat nav fixed for 280 + Tax (approx $400) Good as new now

jugganator 06-30-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berviecanuck (Post 1039601)
I had same problem and after Jeep dealer wanted 1,600 for replacement (he said not repairable)
After weeks of trawling the net, I found a repair shop in the US who had a contact in UK and they repair the Chrysler radios (Mine is actually built by Alpine for Jeep GC unit) These guys knew EXACTLY what the problem was.
Their name is - Factory Car Stereo Repair Inc at http://www.carstereohelp.com/]
They put me in touch with a UK repair shop that appear to know what I am talking about for a Jeep repair. The UK shop is Maple Audio at Maple Audio
Got my sat nav fixed for 280 + Tax (approx $400) Good as new now

hi berviecanuck,

do you know what maple audio did to fix the issue?

berviecanuck 07-01-2014 10:49 AM

All I gathered was it was an AV board. As soon as I described the problem they knew exactly what the problem was. Unfortunately Alpine were out of stock so I had to wait 3 weeks till they got more in stock