Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Mini fuse for GC 2014 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/mini-fuse-for-gc-2014-a-73168.html)

just4fun 03-24-2014 12:54 AM

Mini fuse for GC 2014

Trying to find a 20amp mini fuse for my GC 2014 model is like searching for hens teeth, I have tried the local dealer in Coffs Harbour, they have no fuses for the jeep GC. This fuse is very small in size, my dealer in Melbourne told me they have none either and would need to get them from the US.
What a joke, no fuses in Australia, not even in the distribution centre.
Trying to source fuses is hard as I can't find any info on these fuses, or where to buy them from in the US.
Can anyone help

Cheers

pug303 03-24-2014 01:05 AM

Re: Mini fuse for GC 2014

I too have been looking but haven't tried the dealer yet. I bought a grab kit of fuses supposed to Jeep only to find they were the standard mini size, not the really small ones.

Be interested to hear if anyone finds a non genuine source.

pug303 03-24-2014 01:37 AM

I may have had success, I think this is the type of fuse:

PEC - Littelfuse - Fuse - Car Fuses - Automotive Fuses - Blade Fuses - Micro2 fuse - Micro3 fuse

http://www.swe-check.com.au/catalog/a19.pdf

I Pulled one a tried to measure it carefully and waht I got is very close to this.

The freight price has me spooked but I guess it would be worthwhile for a reasonable quantity.

There must be other places?

just4fun 03-24-2014 02:15 AM

Thanks, I also just found the same web site, those that you found are for 32v and not 12v?. I'm not up on the electrics side of things so could someone confirm?.

Yes the freight rates suck, and with a possible min order of $30.00.
I live in Melbourne and you cannot pickup from the counter.:mad:

DCRSRT 03-24-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just4fun (Post 996701)
Thanks, I also just found the same web site, those that you found are for 32v and not 12v?. I'm not up on the electrics side of things so could someone confirm?.

Yes the freight rates suck, and with a possible min order of $30.00.
I live in Melbourne and you cannot pickup from the counter.:mad:

Says you can on the website?

Ordering Information for goods sent within Australia

kennzz05 03-24-2014 05:24 AM

I don't know if this is helpful but some semi trucks use these fuses also,I believe. maybe call some of the dealers or if are any truckstops nearby
No other vehicles over there use those fuses? That seems impossible

Don't worry about the 32volt rating they will be fine that's UP to 32 volts

John47 03-26-2014 12:42 AM

These are the fuses….called Micro 2 fuses - not to be confused with Mini fuses.

MICRO2 Fuses 32V DC -40C to + 175C Rating

this supplier will ship to Australia - a member over on the Caravaners Forum ordered and had a number of different sized packs delivered no issues.
I'm not aware of easy availability locally but apparently they can be ordered via an autoelectrical supplier. They'd probably just order them in from the US anyway.
John

just4fun 03-26-2014 04:12 AM

Thanks john, I will contact them when I get home in a couple of weeks.

I also will be contacting Chrysler head office to ask why can't we get replacement fuses from any of the dealers.
Surely this cannt be right, what do they do when a tech blows a fuse.

G6JET 03-26-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just4fun (Post 996684)
Trying to find a 20amp mini fuse for my GC 2014 model is like searching for hens teeth, I have tried the local dealer in Coffs Harbour, they have no fuses for the jeep GC. This fuse is very small in size, my dealer in Melbourne told me they have none either and would need to get them from the US.
What a joke, no fuses in Australia, not even in the distribution centre.
Trying to source fuses is hard as I can't find any info on these fuses, or where to buy them from in the US.
Can anyone help

Cheers

Not sure where you are situated in Melbourne but I bought some fuses last week from Caroline springs Jeep. 10, 15, and 20 amp.

Graeme.

allypally 03-27-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just4fun (Post 998132)
Thanks john, I will contact them when I get home in a couple of weeks.

I also will be contacting Chrysler head office to ask why can't we get replacement fuses from any of the dealers.
Surely this cannt be right, what do they do when a tech blows a fuse.

They probably take one from the dpf regen circuit and swap it.:eek:

Sege 03-27-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 999132)
They probably take one from the dpf regen circuit and swap it.:eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Mark_38 09-17-2014 06:18 AM

Gee have been getting some really strange looks trying to get some of these Micro2 fuses :(

One guy was adamant that there was only the old blade, Mini blade and micro blade fuses, must have thought that I was a nutter and assured me that the Micro fuses were the smallest and would definitely fit :confused:

I said that the car was outside and if the Micro fitted I would happily buy what I needed and give him $100 for the misunderstanding, but if they didn't I would walk out with $100 out of his pocket :D
Think after that, he quickly worked out that there was a possibility that maybe there was something out there that he didn't know about backed up by a heap of excuses

Needless to say I am still trying to find some!
Anyone in Perth sourced any locally?