Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Diablosport Trinity ABS light fix? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/diablosport-trinity-abs-light-fix-73176.html)

JDB636 03-24-2014 10:14 AM

Diablosport Trinity ABS light fix?

I just hooked up my Diablosport Trinity tuner to my 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland. Like almost everyone else once I entered my tire size the ABS light came on. Has there been a fix for this yet? I noticed on the DS forum in a few diferent threads a guy Mike that I guess works for Diablosport has said that the problem has been resolved but I can not find out how. Any info on this would be greatly apreciated.

JDB636 03-26-2014 07:53 AM

Re: Diablosport Trinity ABS light fix?

Anyone??? Bueller...Bueller...

LTrainGC 03-26-2014 08:45 AM

Are you running stock size tires or something different?

JDB636 03-26-2014 09:40 AM

Stock 265/50r20s all the way around, from what I've researched this seems to be a common problem with the trinity on a wk2, I kinda figured there would be a fix for this by now

LTrainGC 03-26-2014 11:07 AM

The tire size option on the Trinity and inTune is for when you change your tires to larger (or smaller) than stock. You don't need to change anything if you're running stock sizes.

I feel like most people that have this problem changed their tire size in the tuner even thought they are running stock tires.

Some people are able to get their ABS module reset at the dealer, some people aren't. I'd suggest calling their tech support.

Mikeo 03-26-2014 02:45 PM

What version is your trinity? I just put 275 65 18 destination at tires on my 12 overland but am worried about changing the size in the tuner due to all the abs light forum posts. The tires ride much better, quiet and a bit smoother over the many potholes Chicago has to offer. Also did you change it in the tune before installing or do the quick adjust option after the tune was installed?

JDB636 03-26-2014 04:26 PM

I believe the version is 1r11b and I entered the tire size in the quick adjustment section. I'd recommend not adjusting it unless you want your abs light to come on

Raptor 03-26-2014 04:31 PM

So far for virtually everyone who has changed their tire size to a non OEM size (larger/smaller) and tried to correct their speedo/odometer calibration w/ a DiabloSport tuner, have triggered the ABS light! Some have not been able to reset that ABS light even after a trip to the dealer!

Even for forum members running custom Hemifever tunes. As far as I know DiabloSport is well aware of the problem but has not been able to fix it, or they just don't really care! :(

If you do a search this has been discussed many times on this forum with no action from DiabloSport at all. :confused:

Dabitz 03-27-2014 08:10 AM

If it was me, I would reset everything to factory specs go to the dealership, play dumb and cross your fingers they don't find out. If you are out of warranty your at their mercy since ABS issues are usually pretty complicated to diagnose and fix. Good luck.