Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   2015 Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/2015-cherokee-73275.html)

Johnny Canuck 03-26-2014 12:10 PM

2015 Cherokee
 
Hello all,

My better half and I have been looking at the new Cherokee (North edition w/V6). Haven't seen a Limited on dealers lots yet. (What she really wants),
Have heard rumours of a Cherokee "Overland" for 2015???? Any truth to this? Differences from Limited - if known? When 2015's available?

Thanks in advance.

2011 GC Hemi

PeteB 03-27-2014 01:32 PM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
IT's just a concept and unlikely to make it into 2015. Here you go:

2015 Jeep Cherokee Overland - Exterior and Interior Walkaround - Debut at 2014 Geneva Motor Show - YouTube

Uncle Paul 03-27-2014 02:32 PM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
Most of the dealership will sell you a comparably equipped Grand Cherokee for about the same price of a Cherokee. Lots more car for the money.

Cherokee is built on a Dart Chassis.

bill_de 03-27-2014 03:25 PM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul (Post 999064)
Most of the dealership will sell you a comparably equipped Grand Cherokee for about the same price of a Cherokee. Lots more car for the money.

Cherokee is built on a Dart Chassis.

What kind of prices are you seeing for the Cherokee?


---

macfan 03-27-2014 03:59 PM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul (Post 999064)
Most of the dealership will sell you a comparably equipped Grand Cherokee for about the same price of a Cherokee. Lots more car for the money.

Cherokee is built on a Dart Chassis.

Sorry, but you have bad information. I bought my fully loaded Cherokee Limited II for less than the starting price of the Grand Cherokee. You need to check you facts and get out more.

And that dart platform is a universal platform that anything can be built on it. Not just the Dart. The Dart just happened to be the first vehicle built on it. It is not a Dart platform per say.

PeteB 03-27-2014 06:18 PM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan (Post 999093)
Sorry, but you have bad information. I bought my fully loaded Cherokee Limited II for less than the starting price of the Grand Cherokee. You need to check you facts and get out more.

And that dart platform is a universal platform that anything can be built on it. Not just the Dart. The Dart just happened to be the first vehicle built on it. It is not a Dart platform per say.

I agree - there is no way to get even a moderately equipped GC for the price of a loaded Cherokee.

As for the platform, to be even more precise, it is a platform jointly developed for FCA by Alfa Romeo, the renowned Italian brand. The Jeep engineers integrated the car-like handling platform with the Jeep off-road ability, making the Cherokee the best of both worlds, IMHO.

Johnny Canuck 03-27-2014 08:40 PM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
Thank's for the replies folks.
Best we can do on a 2014 Limited is about 39/40K w/ trade. Car would be loaded, but no 4w low just single speed 4 wheel.
Would love to see an Overland model. Haven't figured out what extra you could put on it though.
Don't think better half is ever going off road, but snow and bad roads she saw lots of this winter.
Like that it will tow up to 4500.
Already have a Grand Cherokee - 2011 Hemi.
"It's so powerful, that it will pass anything on the road......except a gas station.":lol:

Johnny Canuck 03-28-2014 09:35 PM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
WOW!!!

Stopped in to Dealer for an oil change on my GC. Guy I used to work with (I'm Retired) getting the keys to his brand new 2014 GC Overland "Diesel".:thumbsup:

loveracing1988 03-29-2014 12:45 PM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck (Post 999247)
Thank's for the replies folks.
Best we can do on a 2014 Limited is about 39/40K w/ trade. Car would be loaded, but no 4w low just single speed 4 wheel.
Would love to see an Overland model. Haven't figured out what extra you could put on it though.
Don't think better half is ever going off road, but snow and bad roads she saw lots of this winter.
Like that it will tow up to 4500.
Already have a Grand Cherokee - 2011 Hemi.
"It's so powerful, that it will pass anything on the road......except a gas station.":lol:

Do the msrp's even go that high on a cherokee???

cherox 03-30-2014 11:34 AM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by loveracing1988 (Post 1000190)
Do the msrp's even go that high on a cherokee???

Yup, go on Jeep.com and build a 14 KL trailhawk with all the options and it easily hits 40k.

scooterha 04-01-2014 05:58 AM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
A limiteds MSRP easily hits 40 as well...

loveracing1988 04-01-2014 07:37 AM

Re: 2015 Cherokee
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterha (Post 1001653)
A limiteds MSRP easily hits 40 as well...

It hits $40,705, I wouldn't call that easily... A Trailhawk tops out at $41,490, those are both with every option available. If someone is giving a price of $41k including a trade they are making a ton of profit unless you are rolling negative equity into the new one.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community