Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/)
-   -   New intake possibilities? Question? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/new-intake-possibilities-question-73322.html)

Bustanuddz 03-27-2014 02:06 PM

New intake possibilities? Question?

Look at this photo from the Ripp supercharger photos.

My question- Does the 2012-2014 SRTjeep have the same open areason either side of the radiator? If so, are those areas obstructed by anything when the jeep is all put back together?

Would it be possible to, lets say route an intake tube through there and up in front of the radiator?

I am getting some ideas....let me know
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/..._6573135_n.jpg

EviL 03-29-2014 03:46 PM

Re: New intake possibilities? Question?

hey man, well the picture u put isnt of a wk2 srt8, its a wk2 5.7 litter

which has a total different engine setup

BigCat 03-29-2014 03:59 PM

He knows that. What he is asking is "Does the 2012-2014 SRTjeep have the same open areas".

SRTBLK 03-29-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustanuddz (Post 999057)
Look at this photo from the Ripp supercharger photos.

My question- Does the 2012-2014 SRTjeep have the same open areason either side of the radiator? If so, are those areas obstructed by anything when the jeep is all put back together?

Would it be possible to, lets say route an intake tube through there and up in front of the radiator?

I am getting some ideas....let me know
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/..._6573135_n.jpg

have never had the front end off but took a look from above and there is room on both sides of the radiator as well as in front for the 2012-2013 model years

Bustanuddz 03-30-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 1000236)
hey man, well the picture u put isnt of a wk2 srt8, its a wk2 5.7 litter

which has a total different engine setup

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTBLK (Post 1000279)
have never had the front end off but took a look from above and there is room on both sides of the radiator as well as in front for the 2012-2013 model years

Yes, What I am asking is if the srt version has these open areas. For the G8gt, there is an intake called an OTR aka over the radiator intake. I built my own custom one. It was awesome. It had a very aggressive growl to it and sucked in tons of fresh cool air. I am just wondering if I will be able to fabricate a similar "Around the radiator" system. I like the BWoody but I would be so afraid of hydro locking the motor. This method would have the intake higher, the inlet would be in front if the radiator and therefore should suck up cool air from the front. There could be a large flat style filter too.

I am a fan of the Ram Air style. Use the pressure of the moving vehicle to ram the air into the motor. It has worked for other vehicles so why would it not work here?

Now it you really want to get fancy you could fashion up a dual filter type of setup on either side.

Just doing what it is that I do. Coming up with crazy, yet potentially great ideas. I am truly a nutty professor.

Artofnoize 03-30-2014 05:55 PM

If you're looking to do something like the bwoody cai, you should be gone with that routing. I've not had and issues with water and that intake. 8 have been running it for almost a year now and I've been through some big ass thunderstorms. Remember that the bottom is closed off down there.

Bustanuddz 03-30-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artofnoize (Post 1000816)
If you're looking to do something like the bwoody cai, you should be gone with that routing. I've not had and issues with water and that intake. 8 have been running it for almost a year now and I've been through some big ass thunderstorms. Remember that the bottom is closed off down there.

Yeah ,BWoody is a good product I am sure but I am just a nutty dude that always has ideas running through in my head. I am always trying to find something better or some new kind of idea or way to do something.
It plagues my life really. I just cannot leave stuff alone.

I would love to get the Jeep first, then try out my idea, if it does not work the way I planned I figure I will go with the Bwoody. But.....OOHH My My!! if it works the way I think it will, :thumbsup::thumbsup: it should benefit the WK2 Jeep community.

Adult ADHD is my curse!!:D

gnasty1521 06-18-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustanuddz (Post 1001005)
Yeah ,BWoody is a good product I am sure but I am just a nutty dude that always has ideas running through in my head. I am always trying to find something better or some new kind of idea or way to do something.
It plagues my life really. I just cannot leave stuff alone.

I would love to get the Jeep first, then try out my idea, if it does not work the way I planned I figure I will go with the Bwoody. But.....OOHH My My!! if it works the way I think it will, :thumbsup::thumbsup: it should benefit the WK2 Jeep community.

Adult ADHD is my curse!!:D

Well you have the Jeep...;)

Bustanuddz 06-18-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnasty1521 (Post 1039686)
Well you have the Jeep...;)

Yup....but...i have to let the bank account settle a bit before I get at it. Purchased mine and the wifes 14 impala LTZ all in the same week. Best to replace some depleted funds before I get really looney tunes. I will probably do my custom audio stuff first since most of the equipment is already in my basement. Then its exhaust followed by intake.