Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/help-is-this-a-good-deal-2014-summit-73360.html)

Jeff_H2O 03-28-2014 11:20 AM

Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
Hi guys!! I'm really interested in upgrading my Overland V6 into another 2014 Overland with the Hemi. While searching I actually came across a Summit with the Hemi that was actually in a good price range I thought.

Spoke to dealer and worked some magic and with my Trade, after going back and forth, I dealed and could essentially get the Summit for only 5k cash. Is that a good deal?

Here is the deal:
They get
-2014 JGC Overland (Max Steel) 4x4 3.6 V6 (no tech package)
-Miles: 10,200
-$5,000 Cash

I get:
-2014 JGC Summit (Black) 4x4 5.7 Hemi (all bells and whistles).
-Miles: 10,478

Worth it?? Seemed almost too good to be true to me!! I figure the extra 5k I'd be paying I would be get back on trade in later down the road anyways over what the Overland value was. So almost would be as if I got an even trade and upgraded to the HEMI and SUMMIT model for free.

What do you guys think?? I'm really tempted to do this!

silvermax04 03-28-2014 11:27 AM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_H2O (Post 999570)
Hi guys!! I'm really interested in upgrading my Overland V6 into another 2014 Overland with the Hemi. While searching I actually came across a Summit with the Hemi that was actually in a good price range I thought.

Spoke to dealer and worked some magic and with my Trade, I could essentially get the Summit for only 5k cash. Is that a good deal?

Here is the deal:
They get
-2014 JGC Overland (Max Steel) 4x4 3.6 V6 (no tech package)
-Miles: 10,200
-$5,000 Cash

I get:
-2014 JGC Summit (Black) 4x4 5.7 Hemi (all bells and whistles).
-Miles: 10,478

Worth it?? Seemed almost too good to be true to me!! I figure the extra 5k I'd be paying I would be get back on trade in later down the road anyways over what the Overland value was. So almost would be as if I got an even trade and upgraded to the HEMI and SUMMIT model for free.

What do you guys think?? I'm really tempted to do this!


That doesn't sound that bad off hand if the summit is in good shape with no issues. check the build date on it, remember if it is prior to august 2013 you don't get the ACC with stop feature. not that this is a deal breaker just thought I would mention. what was the msrp for your limited? the summit you are looking at is the same one I have so it was in the 54 or 55 range

Jeff_H2O 03-28-2014 11:32 AM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 999573)
That doesn't sound that bad off hand if the summit is in good shape with no issues. check the build date on it, remember if it is prior to august 2013 you don't get the ACC with stop feature. not that this is a deal breaker just thought I would mention. what was the msrp for your limited? the summit you are looking at is the same one I have so it was in the 54 or 55 range

The Build date was March 2013, here is all the info on it:
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat
Interior: Black
Engine: 5.7L V8
VIN: 1C4RJFJT9EC127898
Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (8HP70)
Odometer: 10,478 mi.
Body Style: 4WD SUV (4 Door)

They MSRP on my Overland was $46,990.00. I'm sure this summit was at least 8k-10k more than that, so the 5k cash seems good deal to me.

Also, it is in great shape, looks flawless, no dings. scratches or hard wear. Also it has the silver trim that I really love!! (not a big fan of the gold trim my overland has).

Some pics:
http://edge.vinsolutions.com/images/...74230024/0.jpg
http://edge.vinsolutions.com/images/...74230026/0.jpg
http://edge.vinsolutions.com/images/...74230058/0.jpg

http://edge.vinsolutions.com/images/...74229957/0.jpg
http://edge.vinsolutions.com/images/...74229985/0.jpg
http://edge.vinsolutions.com/images/...74229975/0.jpg
http://edge.vinsolutions.com/images/...74230097/0.jpg

silvermax04 03-28-2014 11:42 AM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
lol mine was a march build also and black interior and exterior must be its twin brother. before you do anything make sure that you drive it and drive it on the highway make sure it doesn't have shaking vibration issues and if it does make them resolve it before you sign on the dotted line. as long as it is mechanically sound, it would be hard to mess up a car in 10,000 miles but some people manage to do it. do a thorough test dive. sounds good I would grab it if I were you I am biased of course though lol.

silvermax04 03-28-2014 11:47 AM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
ok so about an 8k difference on the msrp between the two. offer them 4k and yours or see if you can get them to throw in the max care warranty. 5k not bad though because you need to keep in mind they need to make a little money on the deal

Jeff_H2O 03-28-2014 12:50 PM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 999586)
ok so about an 8k difference on the msrp between the two. offer them 4k and yours or see if you can get them to throw in the max care warranty. 5k not bad though because you need to keep in mind they need to make a little money on the deal

The 5k price is already after haggling back and forth. They orginally wanted 6,500.00. 5k was the best I could get them down.

Would you say the Hemi is worth the upgrade??? That is the biggest reason I'm interested in trading. Getting rid of the V6. Also, since I"m not familar with the Summit, how do you like it?? Are all the extra bells and whistles nice?? Does the Harmon Kardon sound system sound that much better than the Alpine system in the Overland??

I really like the Summit looks, the only thing I will miss is the Overland wheels. I like the 5 spoke wheel look, but oh well, I can get over that.

silvermax04 03-28-2014 01:25 PM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_H2O (Post 999623)
The 5k price is already after haggling back and forth. They orginally wanted 6,500.00. 5k was the best I could get them down.

Would you say the Hemi is worth the upgrade??? That is the biggest reason I'm interested in trading. Getting rid of the V6. Also, since I"m not familar with the Summit, how do you like it?? Are all the extra bells and whistles nice?? Does the Harmon Kardon sound system sound that much better than the Alpine system in the Overland??

I really like the Summit looks, the only thing I will miss is the Overland wheels. I like the 5 spoke wheel look, but oh well, I can get over that.

I think the 5k is fine like I said above they need to make profit on the deal or why would they do it. I like the hemi, but it really depends on what you are looking for everyone has different priorities. the combined average mileage of the v6 vs the hemi is not that much only 3 mpg 16 vs 19 for me it wasn't even a thought especial when you consider real to life highway mileage you don't gain much with the v6 I have been able to get as high as 25 mpg cruising at 65 with highway only mileage. you will gain better mileage in the city with the v6. some people want to the capture that combined 3 mpg better that the v6 offers some want the v8s 6.5 0-60 instead of v6 7.5. I didn't buy a heavy suv like this to capture mileage I would have bought something else if I was that mileage conscious.
HK stereo is great and one of the reasons I wanted the summit, front parking sensors also nice if you do a lot of parking garages. have worked through a lot of the standard minor issues that most have but no major problems to report. No regrets buying it. That sounds like a good swap to me I would grab it if I were you.

Jeff_H2O 03-28-2014 01:32 PM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
One other thing I JUST learned about it!! The dealer says that it is a Manufacture Buyback... (which is why it's probably a good price). The issue it had was the audio not working properly but they ensured me that it has been completely resolved.

Anyone have any experience with a Manufacture Buyback??? Would it be a bad move for me to buy one?? Any negatives about it?

I have no knowledge of what to expect with those, so any advice, experience would be greatly appreciated!!!

silvermax04 03-28-2014 01:42 PM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_H2O (Post 999644)
One other thing I JUST learned about it!! The dealer says that it is a Manufacture Buyback... (which is why it's probably a good price). The issue it had was the audio not working properly but they ensured me that it has been completely resolved.

Anyone have any experience with a Manufacture Buyback??? Would it be a bad move for me to buy one?? Any negatives about it?

I have no knowledge of what to expect with those, so any advice, experience would be greatly appreciated!!!

I would be careful of that if the only issue was a radio issue that was resolved with later versions of software may be ok but I would make sure that was the only reason. I would investigate that a little bit further and definitely put the radio through a good test if you decided to take it. see if they will let you take it and keep it over night so you can look at it more closely

Jeff_H2O 03-28-2014 01:51 PM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
Yeah I was thinking that too, if it's just the radio, I can accept that.

But what impact would that have on resale down the road??? Do those take a big hit?? I wasn't sure how those work.

BigWave 03-28-2014 01:55 PM

Concur w Silver: Careful on the manufacture buyback.

If it works out that it was just the radio, see if they'll swap the Summit wheels for the Overland's you prefer. It is the end of the month after all.

Dan JGC 03-28-2014 02:22 PM

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?? 2014 Summit
 
That is a good deal to swap. However, I would get the full maintenance report and go over it with a fine toothed comb to understand why a buyback.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community