Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Auto A/C Issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/auto-a-c-issues-73460.html)

makris0000 03-30-2014 09:45 PM

Auto A/C Issues

Hello all,

Has anyone else been having issues with the auto a/c in their 2014 Grand Cherokees? Mine has been "misbehaving" and acting a bit weird.

What it does is if it is cold outside, the auto a/c will have the windshield defroster on when it doesn't need to be. Also when I have it on auto it will show that air is going to the floor outlets and the main outlets (but no air is coming out of the vents), but when I take it off of auto it switches to the floor vents and windshield defrost.

Is anyone experiencing these or any issues with your auto a/c? Is this something that can be fixed with an update to the car or could it be the system itself?

I'm taking my car in for its first oil change sometime in April and I figured I would tell them. If anyone has any advice, let me know please.

2012JGCOVERLAND 04-01-2014 12:15 PM

Re: Auto A/C Issues

Keep us posted, just bought a '14 this past weekend and the first morning I took it out it was cold, had the same thing going on. Then in the afternoon when it was warm out, the cool air blew out normally in auto. Thought maybe I'm doing something wrong b/c I haven't learned everything.

makris0000 04-02-2014 09:55 AM

Will do. I have a feeling its just going to be another update because the dealer that fixed the other recall a month or so ago said there are new updates every month. Also with the new recall, ill probably end up getting everything done at once.

makris0000 04-04-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012JGCOVERLAND (Post 1001785)
Keep us posted, just bought a '14 this past weekend and the first morning I took it out it was cold, had the same thing going on. Then in the afternoon when it was warm out, the cool air blew out normally in auto. Thought maybe I'm doing something wrong b/c I haven't learned everything.

UPDATE I got my oil change today and they said that the AC doing that is normal. I was confused at first why they said that but he said that the auto AC is not able to tell that the windshield has frost in it or not. They did an oil change, updated the radio and something else, and they fixed my squeaking drivers seat and they were very nice about it.

04JGCLMTD47 04-13-2014 06:55 PM

I just took my 2011 to the dealer yesterday for 2nd gear shifting a bit hard. They did a trans flash and now it drives a ton better! They also said they did a flash for the AC as well and I had no clue it needed to be. Glad you got some kind of resolution.