Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Product Safety Recalls Australia (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/product-safety-recalls-australia-73467.html)

SNUKE 03-31-2014 01:08 AM

Product Safety Recalls Australia

Fiat Chrysler Groupe 2012-2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Fiat Chrysler Group—2012-2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
PRA number: 2014/14036

Date published: 28th March 2014

Product description
(WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee

Identifying features
Campaign number: RC P05
Target number: 648

What are the defects?
The Ready Alert Braking System (RAB) may result in the driver experiencing a hard brake pedal feel.

What are the hazards?
Due to increased resistance the driver may not push the pedal as intended, lengthening the distance needed to stop the vehicle.

Where the product was sold
Nationally

Traders who sold this product
Authorised Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge retailers

Supplier
Chrysler Australia Pty Ltd trading as Fiat Chrysler Clueless Group

What should consumers do?
Throw your arms in the air like Kermit. Chrysler will notify owners and dealers will inspect the Ready Alert Braking System (RAB).

Traktor 03-31-2014 02:01 AM

Re: Product Safety Recalls Australia

Lol at the Kermit reference

Gr8Ness 03-31-2014 03:22 AM

I almost expect "clueless" to be added to the FCG letterhead.

allypally 03-31-2014 03:24 AM

This will take Jeep Australia months to get underway.

GlennR 03-31-2014 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 1001060)
This will take Jeep Australia months to get underway.

...nope, called customer service and Pinocchio told me to expect a letter about the possiblity of running into the back of somebody or an unsuspecting power pole due to hard brakes in about two weeks....on the proviso I couple the fix with an unscheduled service. To be fair, they did advise me in the meantime not to crash into anything.....you know....just to be on the safe side!

allypally 03-31-2014 06:08 AM

On proviso? Serious?
Will these greedy pigs will stop at nothing to get their hands on your money?.

BobT 03-31-2014 06:10 AM

It doesn't give one much confidence when the importer gets his models mixed up. Is it a WK or a 2012-2013 JGC, it can't be both.

SNUKE 03-31-2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 1001083)
On proviso? Serious?

C'mon Alan, he was just ticking all the boxes, 2 Weeks, Fix with Service. 2 WEEKS. Dead give away.

Re your FB post. That is how you announce a recall. There is a specific process you go through, and this is the first step of publication. This posting is by Jeep Aus through the ACCC, not ACCC posting then Jeep following. All of that info is supplied via Jeep Aus, plus a ton of other info that is not published. There will also be ads placed in local (State) and National papers. The letters may have already gone out, if not they will be very soon. You have to do this step via the ACCC first. Dealers are notified after this posting by the ACCC.
The recall process is a right royal pain in the ass to deal with. I hope the one I was involved in is the last for me.

SNUKE 03-31-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobT (Post 1001084)
It doesn't give one much confidence when the importer gets his models mixed up. Is it a WK or a 2012-2013 JGC, it can't be both.

Why, it is a WK, has been since 2005. The WK2 name is not official, it was created on this website to help distinguish. It is odd as there should have been a model name change, but for whatever reason, Jeep didn't, they kept it as WK.

mm1964 03-31-2014 04:51 PM

Unless I am confusing the RAB with something else...

What are the defects?
The Ready Alert Braking System (RAB) may result in the driver experiencing a hard brake pedal feel.
  • It isn't a may result in this feel - it does result in this feel doesn't it? Or is that the defect they are looking for?
What should consumers do?
Chrysler will notify owners and dealers will inspect the Ready Alert Braking System (RAB).
  • Unless it shouldn't be doing, what's an inspection without a fix/update going to achieve.

GlennR 03-31-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 1001083)
On proviso? Serious?
Will these greedy pigs will stop at nothing to get their hands on your money?.

...Sorry Mate...I had a bad day at work and following the Nav debacle, I couldn't resist a jibe at the "two weeks porkies" you've endured the last year. I'm sure JA takes safety very serious. In the meantime, I will apply what I deem an adequate braking force to avoid hitting the object in front of me. I will also make a mental note to apply a greater force if it is likely the original force I applied is considered insufficient to avoid a collision. I will continue to make these millisecond adjustments until the vehicle comes to a safe stop. That's unless of course brake pedal locks up and I lose all ability to brake. I wonder if we get a recall if that could possibly happen?:rolleyes:

BobT 03-31-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 1001096)
Why, it is a WK, has been since 2005. The WK2 name is not official, it was created on this website to help distinguish. It is odd as there should have been a model name change, but for whatever reason, Jeep didn't, they kept it as WK.

Well yes, if you want to be pedantic but you only have to google WK2 to see that everybody but Jeep use that designation. Check out the Jeep History web site Discover Jeep History | Heritage and Story of the Legend | Jeep . Here they show the WK and the WK2 as two distinct models but they call the WK2 the "ALSO WK". Perhaps they should have called it that in the recall notice, not! :)