Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Model Year Clearance? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/model-year-clearance-73487.html)

jgibbons1685 03-31-2014 02:27 PM

Model Year Clearance?

Hey all, I'm a newbie to Jeep and bought a 2014 Limited a few months ago. I love it. Love it so much that I already have thoughts of upgrading to a Summit.
I've never followed Jeep before. Do they usually offer decent model clearance incentives? If so, what do they usually offer? I know that they don't really offer that much during the regular sale year for Grand Cherokees.

MOFSTEEL 03-31-2014 03:01 PM

Re: Model Year Clearance?

The more discount they offer the more you'll lose on your trade in.
In your case there's no additional savings.

jgibbons1685 04-01-2014 01:44 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I know that they'll play games on trade in value but I was just curious on if Jeep usually offers any decent incentives to clear out old stock.

lstowell 04-01-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgibbons1685 (Post 1001828)
Thanks for the reply.
I know that they'll play games on trade in value but I was just curious on if Jeep usually offers any decent incentives to clear out old stock.

I haven't noticed any in this area yet.
Not saying it won't happen, but incentives are to clear out old stock that has been collecting dust on dealer lots. Or to spur sales of slow selling models.

Haven't seen that many GCs with layers of dust around here--except from dust storms. And they are becoming pretty darned common on the roads lately.

2012JGCOVERLAND 04-02-2014 09:46 AM

I don't think you will see those deep discounts until late summer since the '15's don't hit the lots till Sept. It does happen. I've owned 5 grand Cherokee's and have referred so many other buyers. The dealers game has become some sick obsession of mine. They will try to hose you on a trade, but stick to the research and don't let them win. Remember, you don't have to upgrade, you have a nice ride already, they will need you more than you need them. If you are considering it, try selling it on your own first. I've always gotten my trade and deep discounts, but it's a battle you have to be willing to endure. My 2012 that I bought was late in the model year, several months before the '13's, received full trade value and $7k off (Overland Summit then), the very next month a work buddy was interested, I told him to ask and stick to $9k off, after some smack talk from the dealer and he walking out they gave him $9k off, same dealer as mine. Do you homework, the deals are there, just have to have patience.

jgibbons1685 04-02-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012JGCOVERLAND (Post 1002375)
I don't think you will see those deep discounts until late summer since the '15's don't hit the lots till Sept. It does happen. I've owned 5 grand Cherokee's and have referred so many other buyers. The dealers game has become some sick obsession of mine. They will try to hose you on a trade, but stick to the research and don't let them win. Remember, you don't have to upgrade, you have a nice ride already, they will need you more than you need them. If you are considering it, try selling it on your own first. I've always gotten my trade and deep discounts, but it's a battle you have to be willing to endure. My 2012 that I bought was late in the model year, several months before the '13's, received full trade value and $7k off (Overland Summit then), the very next month a work buddy was interested, I told him to ask and stick to $9k off, after some smack talk from the dealer and he walking out they gave him $9k off, same dealer as mine. Do you homework, the deals are there, just have to have patience.

Thank you for the input and advice!