Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Help with 3 x Questions Please (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/help-with-3-x-questions-please-73501.html)

gcgms 03-31-2014 06:49 PM

Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
I have been searching but cannot find the answers to 3 x ??? and apologies if these have been answered before, but would appreciate any help as i should be getting closer to being handed the keys to my '14 :)

(1) The privacy glass that comes std on rear windows - does it block uv rays / heat ect or do i still have to have them tinted

(2) Anybody had theirs clear protected - happy / unhappy

(3) Please dont laugh.....arh ok carry on what is the usual kms / miles to the average tank (forgeting the variants - just the normal week)

Thank you in advance

jbjones85 03-31-2014 07:03 PM

1) not sure but I would assume that it does offer uv protection
2) I had full frontal xpel put on mine and I would say it is worth it. 11k miles and no rock chips.
3) I get about 400 miles out of a tank mostly highway at 70-75 mph. (17mpg average)

phillysrt 03-31-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcgms (Post 1001405)
I have been searching but cannot find the answers to 3 x ??? and apologies if these have been answered before, but would appreciate any help as i should be getting closer to being handed the keys to my '14 :) (1) The privacy glass that comes std on rear windows - does it block uv rays / heat ect or do i still have to have them tinted (2) Anybody had theirs clear protected - happy / unhappy (3) Please dont laugh.....arh ok carry on what is the usual kms / miles to the average tank (forgeting the variants - just the normal week) Thank you in advance

1) The privacy glass that comes std on rear windows - does it block uv rays / heat ect or do i still have to have them tinted

Not too sure about the uv protection... I would assume no because it's probably not a high quality tint....


(2) Anybody had theirs clear protected - happy / unhappy

I had mine clear bra'd and It was the smartest decision I mad with my car. With the miles that I put on the front of my car would have been destroyed. I always suggest doing it


(3) Please dont laugh.....arh ok carry on what is the usual kms / miles to the average tank

That all depends to be honest. Normal driving gill get 330-340 but that's baby'ing it

Drive hard. Prolly 310 id get

Winter gas blend. 285-290 it's brutal!

Hope that helped

gcgms 03-31-2014 11:10 PM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
Thanks for the advise guys, think i will;

(1) look at getting a tint on windows - Qld sun is brutal - think Florida!

(2) look at getting clear bra roads here just love to spoil yer finish with road rash

(3) Based on your consumption figures Dominic....Get two more jobs for fuel :lol:

Man that's shocking :eek: .......Oh well i new what i was gettin myself into :D

Glen

DCRSRT 03-31-2014 11:48 PM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
1: There are a few threads talking about the rear glass and the consensus is that it is NOT UV tint, so you would have to apply a 90% or so tint over them to stop UV.

2: If you can afford the $2k+ price tag, then do the bra.

3: I'm averaging 17l/p 100 which gives me roughly 430k per tank (I think lol). But you don't buy these cars for the fuel economy :)

phillysrt 04-03-2014 06:59 AM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gcgms (Post 1001553)
Thanks for the advise guys, think i will;

(1) look at getting a tint on windows - Qld sun is brutal - think Florida!

(2) look at getting clear bra roads here just love to spoil yer finish with road rash

(3) Based on your consumption figures Dominic....Get two more jobs for fuel :lol:

Man that's shocking :eek: .......Oh well i new what i was gettin myself into :D

Glen


haha fuel wasnt really my worry... i knew these things were going to be pretty bad on fuel... but my avg on my WK1 SRT was like 11.5 mpg... the new 14 during the summer i am at 16 mpg... so im happy with that... my driving is alot of city driving not a whole lot a highway so im sure if you have more of a highway drive itll be better... when i go for long trips... or trips to the shore... i have seen 18.7 mpg.... now thats awesome!

DarkHue 04-03-2014 07:07 AM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 1002897)
haha fuel wasnt really my worry... i knew these things were going to be pretty bad on fuel... but my avg on my WK1 SRT was like 11.5 mpg... the new 14 during the summer i am at 16 mpg... so im happy with that... my driving is alot of city driving not a whole lot a highway so im sure if you have more of a highway drive itll be better... when i go for long trips... or trips to the shore... i have seen 18.7 mpg.... now thats awesome!

16mpg with the SRT ??! That's really impressive ! What's your style of driving though ?

phillysrt 04-03-2014 07:14 AM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHue (Post 1002899)
16mpg with the SRT ??! That's really impressive ! What's your style of driving though ?

when im getting good MPG i am not driving her hard at all... easy driving... getting into work at 6am... no one is on the road... leaving work at 6pm and the rush hour died off. im weird with my SRTs.... i dont beat the piss out of them... i bought it for the power and the looks be sometimes driving slower your get more looks hahaha :cool:

now sometimes i am in the mood to hammer it... drive more aggressively... when i do that like i have been lately the mpg went down to 14

DarkHue 04-03-2014 07:16 AM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
I'm getting about 12mpg but that's with hammering it when I'm not on route to work (cruising etc). I do recall higher mpg rate when breaking in, couldn't go crazy with her back then haha

phillysrt 04-03-2014 07:20 AM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHue (Post 1002903)
I'm getting about 12mpg but that's with hammering it when I'm not on route to work (cruising etc). I do recall higher mpg rate when breaking in, couldn't go crazy with her back then haha

hahah are you feeding her 93 octane?

DarkHue 04-03-2014 07:25 AM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 1002904)
hahah are you feeding her 93 octane?


Hahaha I like the term "feeding her" for refueling, going to use that in the future :P

I used to feed her 91 octane (95 RON) but decided to pump it up to 93 octane (98 RON) to keep her healthy !

phillysrt 04-03-2014 07:45 AM

Re: Help with 3 x Questions Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHue (Post 1002906)
Hahaha I like the term "feeding her" for refueling, going to use that in the future :P

I used to feed her 91 octane (95 RON) but decided to pump it up to 93 octane (98 RON) to keep her healthy !

ok good... ya i suggest you keep it at 93 octane but ultimately thats your call cause of gas prices...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community