Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Back up Camera (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/back-up-camera-73514.html)

Johnny Canuck 03-31-2014 11:04 PM

Back up Camera

Hello Folks,

Dear wife and I have narrowed it down to .....well, the Cherokee Limited.
They all pretty much have the back up camera. So does my 2011 GC. What we can't seem to nail down (sorry no high end limited's around on the lots to test drive, just the lower end models) the question."If you are backing up (say into your driveway) does the Cherokee sensors emit an audible tone "beep" as you get close to an object???? I know when I am backing up the GC and am watching the lines getting closer to the garage, an audible tone will be emitted inside the cabin at a certain distance. About 4-5 feet from the garage. Does the Cherokee?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Johnny

xphoenix6 04-01-2014 09:06 AM

Re: Back up Camera

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck (Post 1001552)
Hello Folks,

Dear wife and I have narrowed it down to .....well, the Cherokee Limited.
They all pretty much have the back up camera. So does my 2011 GC. What we can't seem to nail down (sorry no high end limited's around on the lots to test drive, just the lower end models) the question."If you are backing up (say into your driveway) does the Cherokee sensors emit an audible tone "beep" as you get close to an object???? I know when I am backing up the GC and am watching the lines getting closer to the garage, an audible tone will be emitted inside the cabin at a certain distance. About 4-5 feet from the garage. Does the Cherokee?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Johnny

I have a jeep cherokee limited and mine does not beep when I get close to things while reversing...at least I don't believe it does. I think with the added tech group (lane departure, auto parking etc) it might beep when approaching things in reverse.

Desert Hiker 04-01-2014 09:29 AM

The feature you're asking about is Park Sense. My Trailhawk both shows the yellow/red lines in the EVIC driver's display and beeps when getting close and beeps faster when entering the "red zone". My TH has both the tech and the comfort/convenience groups, so I'm not sure which provides this feature. It's possible that the setup menus provide a beep/silence option....not sure.

Desert Hiker

hudsonhawk 04-01-2014 10:36 AM

The park sense features are part of the Tech group. The backup camera comes with the comfort/convenience group (at least on the trailhawk).

ragoodsp 04-01-2014 12:09 PM

Johnny:

You have your choice....turn the warning sounds on/off

Cherokee63 04-02-2014 02:35 PM

I would highly recommend the Tech group - to me, it's one of the best parts of the Cherokee package!

CarlsDad 04-22-2014 12:57 PM

I have the 2014 with the Tech group and it does beep, and show you on the display area above steering wheel which area around vehicle is too close . It will also tap the brakes.