Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   6 speed 5.7? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/6-speed-5-7-a-73515.html)

khemikalcyanide 03-31-2014 11:28 PM

6 speed 5.7?
 
Would swapping a transmission from a srt8 work on a 5.7?

Strongjeff 04-01-2014 12:07 AM

Re: 6 speed 5.7?
 
Dont see why it wouldn't work. But you may need an adapter plate of some sort

khemikalcyanide 04-01-2014 12:13 AM

Re: 6 speed 5.7?
 
thanks for the heads up. Do you know if the transmission computer will have any problems with this swap?

Strongjeff 04-01-2014 12:30 AM

Re: 6 speed 5.7?
 
Not sure. I think its a different tcm

khemikalcyanide 04-01-2014 01:21 AM

Re: 6 speed 5.7?
 
sorry i meant the tcm for the srt

Strongjeff 04-01-2014 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khemikalcyanide (Post 1001599)
sorry i meant the tcm for the srt

It should be fine but you may need to reflash tbe ecu for it. My 3.7 has the same trans from a wk1 srt from the factory. The hemi 5.7 wk1 has the 545rfe.

You never mentioned what jeep you have. That might help me some.

Strongjeff 04-01-2014 01:40 AM

Re: 6 speed 5.7?
 
If you want the 6 speed then you will need the 645rfe out of the 12 and 13 5.7 hemi. The srt has the nag1 from 06 to 13 ( don't t quote me on that) and in 14 all gc have the 8 speed.

greenwayer 04-01-2014 02:21 AM

Re: 6 speed 5.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongjeff (Post 1001602)
It should be fine but you may need to reflash tbe ecu for it. My 3.7 has the same trans from a wk1 srt from the factory. The hemi 5.7 wk1 has the 545rfe.

You never mentioned what jeep you have. That might help me some.


Its actually not that easy. One of them has a tcm built into a pcm where as the other has a separate tcm. The wiring harnesses and computer would all need to be swapped over and possibly some custom wiring done. Then the pcm would need to be flashed to make sure everything else is in working order. The nag1 is not a 6 speed. The 645rfe is just a flashed 545rfe. See my thread:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/stren...rfe-61445.html

Strongjeff 04-01-2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenwayer (Post 1001615)

Its actually not that easy. One of them has a tcm built into a pcm where as the other has a separate tcm. The wiring harnesses and computer would all need to be swapped over and possibly some custom wiring done. Then the pcm would need to be flashed to make sure everything else is in working order. The nag1 is not a 6 speed. The 645rfe is just a flashed 545rfe. See my thread:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/stren...rfe-61445.html

Thats why I said reflash the ecu becuase 545 and 645 tcm is in the ecu which is why tuner like superchips have trans support. Its the nag1/w5a580 that has a sperate tcm in the trans. As far as the ecu goes its the same one from 08 to now. The ngc computer. The harness would be the only concern I can think of...

greenwayer 04-01-2014 02:55 AM

Re: 6 speed 5.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongjeff (Post 1001621)
Thats why I said reflash the ecu becuase 545 and 645 tcm is in the ecu which is why tuner like superchips have trans support. Its the nag1/w5a580 that has a sperate tcm in the trans. As far as the ecu goes its the same one from 08 to now. The ngc computer. The harness would be the only concern I can think of...

Yeah I was talking about the nag1 and the 545rfe. I thought the op wanted to swap to a nag1.

Strongjeff 04-01-2014 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenwayer (Post 1001625)

Yeah I was talking about the nag1 and the 545rfe. I thought the op wanted to swap to a nag1.

He does but the srt never had the 6 speed and the nag is a 5 speed.

khemikalcyanide 04-01-2014 02:10 PM

Re: 6 speed 5.7?
 
yeah i realized this after i posted it but i couldn't change the title of the thread. But thanks for all this info. and my jeep model was in my signature.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community