Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 gc issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-gc-issues-73541.html)

qgc14 04-01-2014 06:15 PM

2014 gc issues

Well, my GC diesel is 2 months old now and I have 7500 miles on it. It's been to shop 3x and I broke down on hwy for the 1st time in 15 yrs.

1- nox sensor was tripping check engine light and it ran rough. Faulty sensor and caused timing to be retarded. Replaced and ran well.

2- check engine lite came on for def. they did whatever they did and it runs well.

Changed oil and refilled def at 5k

3- driving home and gas gauge says just under a 1/4 tank. I hear a high pitch whistle...whole truck shakes violently and shuts off. Won't restart. Get towed in.

Codes show, low fuel pressure and gas. tank empty?! Gauge reads 1/4 tank and I only went 550 miles on that tank. There's fuel left for sure.

The "slave" fuel pump went in gas tank. Tank has 2 low points and a slave pump pumps fuel to main pump to pump diesel to common rail pump. I had to keep over 1/4 tank in it to run. Jeep ordered 2 new pumps and took a week to get parts. Installed today and running well. I filled tank and will run it until low gas light comes on again to make sure all is well.

I drive 50k a year. Diesel is great and avg just under 28mpg for 7500 miles. Transmission is smooth, truck is tight and quiet. However....I believe I've been spoiled with Lexus, Infiniti and acuras. I get a new car every 2 years for last 20 years. This jeep has been in shop in 2 months more than all my last 10 Japanese cars combined. Nothing ever went wrong with any if them....ever. They went to shop for 30/60/90 and routine oil, tire rotation and brakes.

I'll keep everyone updated. I love the jeep, but I'm also realizing the Japanese products still have better reliability and less electronic issues.

Lateral Line 04-03-2014 07:40 PM

Re: 2014 gc issues

Sorry to hear about all your issues. I hope Jeep will take care of you. Just curious, what month and year was your diesel manufactured?

qgc14 04-03-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lateral Line (Post 1003195)
Sorry to hear about all your issues. I hope Jeep will take care of you. Just curious, what month and year was your diesel manufactured?

No idea... How do you tell? I bough it end of January.

AquaForester 04-03-2014 08:09 PM

Re: 2014 gc issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by qgc14 (Post 1003207)
No idea... How do you tell? I bough it end of January.

Look in the door jam it will give you the build date. Sorry to hear 'bout your issues.

qgc14 04-03-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaForester (Post 1003212)
Look in the door jam it will give you the build date. Sorry to hear 'bout your issues.

Just checked...manufactured 10/13. Issues are not that bad...just a pain. Like I said...I think in spoiled. I'm anal with all my stuff and I'm not used to having anything go wrong with vehicles. Still love the diesel... It is awesome. Thanks though.