Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   good protection for my leather steering wheel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/good-protection-for-my-leather-steering-wheel-73661.html)

damien79 04-03-2014 10:58 PM

good protection for my leather steering wheel

I'm wondering if any leather care product would do on my SRT leather steering wheel. I don't want to screw it up right. Anyone would know a good product to use for my steering wheel?

phillysrt 04-04-2014 07:56 AM

Re: good protection for my leather steering wheel

Adams Polishes makes a great interior detail spray that can be used on the car. i bought some of their leather conditioner as well and that is great. but for the steering wheel i use their interior spray... works great for me!!! give them a try! they are a supporting vendor on here so make sure you get your coupon code!

jbjones85 04-04-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 1003376)
Adams Polishes makes a great interior detail spray that can be used on the car. i bought some of their leather conditioner as well and that is great. but for the steering wheel i use their interior spray... works great for me!!! give them a try! they are a supporting vendor on here so make sure you get your coupon code!

Same here. Adams detail spray on the wheel withy weekly wipe down. Keeps it looking new.

RedRockSRT8 04-04-2014 09:35 AM

If you can tolerate the odor, lexol cleaner and conditioner. Great price for the kit on amazon too.

Dimes 04-04-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 1003376)

So what do you go with - There's an "Adams Leather and Interior Cleaner", and then an "Adams Leather and Interior Conditioner" - first one, then the other?
Also - where do you find the coupon - I checked their listing under vendors but didn't see anything?

RN SHRRK 04-04-2014 11:48 AM

To condition and protect I use Griot's Garage leather care spray and a microfiber cloth. To clean I use their interior cleaner. Safe on leather.

Jeep_Guy 04-04-2014 11:48 AM

I use the Adam's leather cleaner then the conditioner and found that they work great on any of the leather surfaces and leaves the interior smelling like new. In general the Adam's products are top shelf and do a great job on their respective uses. The purple wheel cleaner is pure magic in a bottle! :thumbsup:

jbjones85 04-04-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimes (Post 1003450)
So what do you go with - There's an "Adams Leather and Interior Cleaner", and then an "Adams Leather and Interior Conditioner" - first one, then the other? Also - where do you find the coupon - I checked their listing under vendors but didn't see anything?

I would say the condition and the interior detail spray. Cleaner is if it is really dirty. With regular wipe downs shouldn't be needed.

I think the code is Jeepgarage or jeepgarage10. Pm one of the Adams guys. They are good about responding or give them a call.

lstowell 04-04-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRockSRT8 (Post 1003415)
If you can tolerate the odor, lexol cleaner and conditioner. Great price for the kit on amazon too.

Eww, why not just use neatsfoot oil or hubbard shoe grease?

For the OP, I guess you could buy one of those aftermarket steering wheel covers made out of leather... :rolleyes:

1st jeep 04-04-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN SHRRK (Post 1003465)
To condition and protect I use Griot's Garage leather care spray and a microfiber cloth. To clean I use their interior cleaner. Safe on leather.

+1! There stuff is awesome. Only diff is that I use the leather care. Which is a tad diff than the leather car spray.
Smells like new leather as well.

bill_de 04-04-2014 04:54 PM

I always figured the oil in my skin was enough. I've had at least a half dozen leather steering wheels. If they get dirty I use a cleaner. If it gets scuffed I burnish it with a piece of leather ... usually whatever belt I'm wearing. They never look worn, and I never had a cracking problem.

The cows just roll in manure. :lol:

---

lstowell 04-04-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 1003608)
I always figured the oil in my skin was enough. I've had at least a half dozen leather steering wheels. If they get dirty I use a cleaner. If it gets scuffed I burnish it with a piece of leather ... usually whatever belt I'm wearing. They never look worn, and I never had a cracking problem.

The cows just roll in manure. :lol:

---

I guess we could crowd source some funding here for "Bills All Natural Leather Treatment" :thumbsup: