Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   A couple wheel/tire questions - TIA (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/a-couple-wheel-tire-questions-tia-73756.html)

ad2330 04-07-2014 09:26 AM

A couple wheel/tire questions - TIA

Just put on some FR22 reps and have a couple questions.

My TPMS is freaking out. Is there a way to disable this so that I don't get a warning every time I fire up the Jeep? Or - is there a way to hook it up to the new wheels/tires? I guess I just assumed the shop that installed the new wheels and tires would have hooked it up if it was possible.

Also - does anyone ever run spacers with this setup? The fronts desperately need spacers and I even think I could run a 10mm in the rear as well. Need to flush it up a bit.

Thanks for any feedback!

Scottina06 04-07-2014 01:39 PM

Did they switch over the tpms?

Steve - SRT 04-08-2014 06:17 AM

Re: A couple wheel/tire questions - TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad2330 (Post 1004558)
Just put on some FR22 reps and have a couple questions.

My TPMS is freaking out. Is there a way to disable this so that I don't get a warning every time I fire up the Jeep? Or - is there a way to hook it up to the new wheels/tires? I guess I just assumed the shop that installed the new wheels and tires would have hooked it up if it was possible.

Also - does anyone ever run spacers with this setup? The fronts desperately need spacers and I even think I could run a 10mm in the rear as well. Need to flush it up a bit.

Thanks for any feedback!

Sounds like they did not move over your TPM Sensors. Use this link to buy new ones cheap if you want to keep your others with your factory wheels. These are Genuine Mopar as well. I have no idea how he sells them so cheap. I bought a set from him and no problems...

5 New Chrysler Dodge Jeep TPMS 56029398AB 433MHz Tire Pressure Sensors | eBay

ad2330 04-10-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve - SRT (Post 1004955)
Sounds like they did not move over your TPM Sensors. Use this link to buy new ones cheap if you want to keep your others with your factory wheels. These are Genuine Mopar as well. I have no idea how he sells them so cheap. I bought a set from him and no problems...

5 New Chrysler Dodge Jeep TPMS 56029398AB 433MHz Tire Pressure Sensors | eBay

Steve - thank you very much for the link! Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

DirtyJerzySRT8 04-10-2014 10:48 PM

I bought these TPMS from this exact eBay seller and I had my FR22's installed today and both rears aren't getting a reading from the TPMS's. The fronts are working fine. I drove the car all day long and still nothing. I even took it back to tire shop which is a very reputable shop in my area and the guy took a machine and placed it next to each tire where the TPMS is located and got readings from all 4. He said they called it "tickling" or something like that. Any thoughts besides the two being defective which is weird. I would except one being defective but two and both in the rear. Maybe that's how this guys is selling them so cheap because it's like a crap shoot. HELLLLLLLP!!!!

DirtyJerzySRT8 04-11-2014 08:10 AM

Would driving home with my original stock setup with original TPMS's in the back of my truck my truck with the new FR22's mounted on the truck with the new TPMS's have messed up the truck. Once I got home and took the stocks out of the truck and put in garage and drove around the rest of the day on FR setup...the truck should have registered the new TPMS's....it worked for the fronts.

DirtyJerzySRT8 04-11-2014 10:25 PM

Ok...I have an update to my TPMS issue. Today while driving on my second day on new FR22's with new TPMS's...one of my rear TPMS's started reading tire pressure and sending to truck. I drove home and all was good but still had one rear still not working. I was home for about 30 mins and got back in truck and started driving again and the one rear was still working while the other still wasn't. Then POFF the other rear stopped reading again "F@$?"!!!! these stupid ass things. WTF!!!!