Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Blackfire - Crystal Seal & BlackICE Pics (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/blackfire-crystal-seal-and-blackice-pics-73863.html)

Wxchaser 04-09-2014 07:02 PM

Blackfire - Crystal Seal & BlackICE Pics

I bit the bullet and bought the most expensive wax ever, but very pleased with the results. After washing and claying the Jeep, applied the Black Fire Crystal Seal (paint sealant which cures rapidly and doesn't require buffing). It uses advanced polymers.

After the Crystal Seal application, I used a thin coat of the BlackICE wax, to get a deep wet shine. It uses wet diamond polymers, with a rare combination of Montan wax from Germany, and a T1 grade of Brazilian carnuba known as ivory carnuba.

Needless to say I was very pleased with the results. My 2014 Maximum Steel Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland looked amazing after applying 2 coats of the wax, with a thin application each time, allowing 4 hours between coats for some curing time.

The pictures I have here are probably not the best to show how great these products really work. I was trying to get better lighting conditions, so took a few just before sunset.

Hopefully I can get some better images that really depict the level of the deep dark, moist shine these products provide. I'm a total believer now!

BuckeyeSRT 04-09-2014 07:41 PM

Re: Blackfire - Crystal Seal & BlackICE Pics

What are you thinking not posting this in the detail section!!!
Looks great!

Wxchaser 04-09-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 1005787)
What are you thinking not posting this in the detail section!!!
Looks great!

Thanks. I may do a longer write up soon for the detail section.

Angler 04-10-2014 06:54 PM

Very nice job, WXChaser! :thumbsup:

nookie 04-10-2014 08:35 PM

Looks awesome. happy the winter coming to an end here so I can get mine cleaned up.

I've noticed with some wet-look waxes I've used they leave a microfilm of oil on it, which beats water perfect and looks great but also dust sticks to it even sitting in the garage overnight.

How's the blackice wax on dust ?:thumbsup:

Wxchaser 04-11-2014 02:39 AM

No oily film or residue noticeable, and water beads up like a champ. Yesterday was a good example of a dry windy day here - and when I got the Jeep into the garage, nary a speck of dust to be seen, which was surprising.

Shake-N-Bake 04-11-2014 07:27 AM

Looks amazing, great job!

bstraz 04-13-2014 07:33 PM

Looks Good!