Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   painting Fender Flare...? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/painting-fender-flare-73942.html)

meln13 04-12-2014 12:54 AM

painting Fender Flare...?

I have a 2014 limited gc white.... i would like to take out the factory fender flare and paint it in white... anybody knows whether i can put it back without any damage after painting..? do i need any new hardware to put that back on....

will wait for the valuable reply to do the work on it.....

Machpoint89 05-08-2014 02:25 AM

Re: painting Fender Flare...?

I was also wondering if I could paint and match the flares on our 2014 Ltd

That was really the only reason for me to consider the Overland, but wasn't worn the extra 5K they wanted here in Dubai

meln13 05-08-2014 03:32 AM

you could do that for sure.... all the fender flares, bottom bumper cover and the side moldings are fasten with plastic rivets and clips. we could take everything out from the vehicle and can paint it.... the only thing i am not sure about is the availability of paints.... Mine is white and i ordered some spray paint (matching to the factory paint code). just waiting to arrive the paint, may be in 2 days.... I hope i could work on it this weekend.....:thumbsup:

Machpoint89 05-08-2014 04:24 AM

Cool keep is updated. Good luck this weekend

Jeep_addicted 05-08-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meln13 (Post 1018734)
you could do that for sure.... all the fender flares, bottom bumper cover and the side moldings are fasten with plastic rivets and clips. we could take everything out from the vehicle and can paint it.... the only thing i am not sure about is the availability of paints.... Mine is white and i ordered some spray paint (matching to the factory paint code). just waiting to arrive the paint, may be in 2 days.... I hope i could work on it this weekend.....:thumbsup:

I would like to offer this bit of advise.

Whether you plan on sanding the texture smooth or not when painting any plastic body trim MAKE SURE YOU PREP AND LAY DOWN AT LEAST THREE COATS OF ADHESION PROMOTER.

Just simply using primer and the paint may result in the paint flaking off with an abrasion from an door or some other obstacle.

meln13 05-08-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machpoint89 (Post 1018738)
Cool keep is updated. Good luck this weekend

thanks buddy:)

meln13 05-08-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted (Post 1018996)
I would like to offer this bit of advise.

Whether you plan on sanding the texture smooth or not when painting any plastic body trim MAKE SURE YOU PREP AND LAY DOWN AT LEAST THREE COATS OF ADHESION PROMOTER.

Just simply using primer and the paint may result in the paint flaking off with an abrasion from an door or some other obstacle.

Thank you so much for the advice.... I have ordered some Adhesion promoter, I will make sure to put enough coats.... :thumbsup: